Printer friendly
Page: 
of 56

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  08:00:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Ordered the completionist edition because that way, it won?t matter what tracks are on the cds, I will have it all.
There?s some shit I won?t spend ?100 on like 20 unknown tracks from Ham but the entire back catalogue of a legend, that?s something worth paying for.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  08:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
That's an almost refreshing response Vladel. I'm just waiting for payday to get on the completionist edition too :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  08:50:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Vladel, it was only 10 tracks...

But yea, This is definitly more worth the 100 quids.

Edit: I did the deed, and took a HH3 as a side item

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2017/10/28 08:53:07
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  09:07:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Vladel, it was only 10 tracks...

But yea, This is definitly more worth the 100 quids.

Edit: I did the deed, and took a HH3 as a side item

Yea sorry I meant to say 10 tracks but my fat fingers had other ideas.

oldskool.andy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  09:41:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool.andy's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh My.... May have to have a gander on the HU site ;)

*EDIT* Well that's the xmas gift to myself sorted!

Edited by - oldskool.andy on 2017/10/28 09:54:35
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2017/10/28 :  14:53:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Do the folks who bought the HU flash drive a few years back that was supposed to have Product of Society F&D remix on it get that track for free even if they don't buy the album?

sebastianNL

Netherlands
44 posts
Posted - 2017/10/29 :  13:07:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sebastianNL's homepage  Reply with quote
I am not that much familiar yet with Sharkey but reading all these enthusiastic reactions I guess it should make a great addition to my collection, but the price is a bit high for me atm. I was thinking is there anyone that I could buy the completionist edition together with to split the costs? It's just about the digital files for me, the cd I will buy myself apart from this. Please send me a PM :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/10/29 :  15:03:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
If you like Freeform, especially from 1998 to 2005, then it would definitly be something for you.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/10/29 :  21:05:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Do the folks who bought the HU flash drive a few years back that was supposed to have Product of Society F&D remix on it get that track for free even if they don't buy the album?

That seems fair; he'd gone off grid so we replaced with *TWO* remixes:

The Time Frequency - Take Me Away (Fracus & Darwin Remix) *STILL not available, cleared and featured on Blu the Roof

Nimrod - Shine A Light (Fracus & Darwin Remix), came out a year or so later on DJ tools.

At least if we fail, we overcompensate

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/10/29 :  21:08:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:
I am not that much familiar yet with Sharkey but reading all these enthusiastic reactions I guess it should make a great addition to my collection, but the price is a bit high for me atm. I was thinking is there anyone that I could buy the completionist edition together with to split the costs? It's just about the digital files for me, the cd I will buy myself apart from this. Please send me a PM :)

I get it, when it comes to some stuff, but this is hundreds of tracks spanning '95 - '13. ?100 sounds like a lot, but once we're done splitting it into bundles for people who want to pick and choose it'll cost FAR more than that.

Once I've had some sleep (78 hours and counting since that last occurred) I'll list some tracks you can youtube. Please don't fileshare, this has cost me thousands of pounds and the last vestiges of my sanity

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/10/29 :  21:11:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Perhaps even more crucially, much like HH, this is a potential model to continue doing the same. Next up is the VG album; if it makes more sense to do this rather than split back cat across multiple albums and scattered digital, we can. This is by *far* the fastest and cost effective way, for both sides of the coin, to get an intended result than anything else I've come up with to date. UK HHC archival is pretty piss poor, there's a finite window to rectify and a significant amount of effort required to do so. I want to, truly, but I need results to beat people over the proverbial head with here.

CDJay

sebastianNL

Netherlands
44 posts
Posted - 2017/10/30 :  08:02:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sebastianNL's homepage  Reply with quote
Actually I find this a great model, really cost effective. I buy complete discographies from labels directly every now and then because it's a lot cheaper and you have the opportunity to receive tracks that you wouldn't have bought otherwise within the pack that can positively surprise you. And I always like to have complete labels/collections :) I hope these kind of offers will be available more often :) It is more the fact that I do not know exactly what I'm paying for, so a list of representive tracks would really help. I will reconsider at the end of the month after payday ;) How many tracks are in the backcat by the way?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/10/30 :  13:25:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Got my completionist order in :D

quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:
How many tracks are in the backcat by the way?

https://www.discogs.com/artist/18382-Sharkey

Lots :D

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/10/30 :  22:13:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Just reading the description for the Completionist version.

It mentions
quote:
- Digital rights to entire Sharkey back catalogue

Does this mean the album will be mixed? Could you clarify this? It's annoyingly vague.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2017/10/30 :  22:33:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Just reading the description for the Completionist version.

It mentions
quote:
- Digital rights to entire Sharkey back catalogue

Does this mean the album will be mixed? Could you clarify this? It's annoyingly vague.

CD1: Unmixed remixes
CD2: TBD (by you?)
CD3: TBD (by you?)
CD4: Stem Mix by DJ Sharkey

From the newsletter:

Purchasers of the Completionist Edition will be individually consulted in order to ensure that the CD2/3 tracklists tick as many boxes as possible, paired with our intuition in such affairs.

Fairly sure that's enough info to assure you that it'll be 1 out of 4 CDs mixed. Also, separate bundles will be available if you don't want everything

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page