Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/04/11 :  19:45:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Sure thing, will put one aside. More albums hitting end month

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/04/11 :  21:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

The wholesomeness of the kicks of the modern stuff is fcuking magical and something I've been crying out for.

Dogsy
Average Member

United Kingdom
212 posts
Dogsy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/04/14 :  20:55:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dogsy's homepage  Reply with quote
Well worth the wait. CD 1 is my favourite. Never Been Away, My Heartbeat, Break The Concrete, Lifes A Journey. So glad to finally have these. Feel The Friction, Hold Your Head Up (wow) and Into The Sunlight are favourites too. Love the newer remixes from CD2 such as Love Of My Life and I'm Not An Addict. And of course the DJ Mix is awesome- nice to hear some older tracks amongst new. Very impressed with the remixes of Stay Here Forever and Free- newer style of Hardcore but work really well. And All Together Now is just amazing.

All in all a great effort. If you love all things Brisk grab it. And of course great work from the collaborators. Brisk & Darwin are great as always and it will be awesome to hear more with Technikore- the two work really well together :)

Edited by - Dogsy on 2014/04/15 06:09:48
DJBoydy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  06:44:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJBoydy's homepage  Reply with quote
Anyone know what happened to Brisk/Gammer - Finish That Line ???

Thought it was being sent out to everyone who ordered the album ???

Any news ???

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  06:50:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
They're really busy, it'll come eventually.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  14:32:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I've been moaning about this everytime something happens, I'm sure it'll come eventually :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  15:14:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
ok Why didn't it make the album??? Was it not finished in time?

Also, any chance Brisk is willing to give away his remix of Bulletproof for free? Clearly it didn't make the album because he couldn't get the proper licensing to release the single, so he might as well just give it away for free if he can't properly profit off of it being released unmixed and dj friendly.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  15:27:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

It was too long to fit, there's a quote on this board somewhere :)

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  20:51:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Also, any chance Brisk is willing to give away his remix of Bulletproof for free? Clearly it didn't make the album because he couldn't get the proper licensing to release the single, so he might as well just give it away for free if he can't properly profit off of it being released unmixed and dj friendly.

I would just like to ditto this, but also for Twatris VIP. I'm desperate for that tune!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  21:06:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk gas already said Twatris isn't getting a release :-(

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  00:35:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Brisk gas

That must smell awful, like roo and habaneros

And too long? awful excuse! maybe something else should have been cut! It's a brilliant tune!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  04:59:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Brisk gas

That must smell awful, like roo and habaneros

And too long? awful excuse! maybe something else should have been cut! It's a brilliant tune!

It was one of the ones I was most looking forward too and I was all like 'rawwrrrrrrr!!' when it didn't appear on the t/l, now though, owning the album, I don't really know what I'd swap it for, so I'm perfectly happy with a late download

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  15:35:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
wow 150??? That's insane and you totally got ripped off. I don't think he should have charged more than 100 for that.

I can assure you James (Starstruck) is not the guy to "rip people" off. From memory, he made a post on here about winding the label up. He then said as an afterword that if people were interested he could possibly do a slightly discounted price for the whole lot - and a small number of people took him up on it. He didn't aggressively market the offer to try and just
grab some cash at the last minute, as the label was finishing up.

+1. Spoken to him a fair bit and he seems like a great guy.

Given the number of EPs on AWF, I'd say they put out at least 100 tunes which makes 150 a reasonable price.

It seems like the label was coming to an end and he tried to make what he could out of the tracks but then gave up and released them for free. Nothing sinister. Somewhat unlucky for those that bought the bundle but I'd consider it a donation because I don't think the AWF artists were ever adequately compensated for their work.

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/05/17 15:38:06
HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  21:37:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Brisk gas already said Twatris isn't getting a release :-(

:-(

Thought he might give it as a freebie or summet, to his loyal fans and all that...

I dunno, i'm just gutted!

CD3 is still in my car cd player and has been since released. Literally on repeat ever since. Still not bored of it. It's amazing!

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  23:29:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dogsy:
Well worth the wait. CD 1 is my favourite. Never Been Away, My Heartbeat, Break The Concrete, Lifes A Journey. So glad to finally have these. Feel The Friction, Hold Your Head Up (wow) and Into The Sunlight are favourites too. Love the newer remixes from CD2 such as Love Of My Life and I'm Not An Addict. And of course the DJ Mix is awesome- nice to hear some older tracks amongst new. Very impressed with the remixes of Stay Here Forever and Free- newer style of Hardcore but work really well. And All Together Now is just amazing.

All in all a great effort. If you love all things Brisk grab it. And of course great work from the collaborators. Brisk & Darwin are great as always and it will be awesome to hear more with Technikore- the two work really well together :)

Into The Sunlight - was presuming you meant the Brisk & Vagabond track but see this was on CD1 of the album by Brisk & Technikore. Is this a completely new track or does it have the same vocals as the Brisk & Vagabond one?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page