of 10

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/04/15 :  17:41:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Even shorter answer.

Nobody owes you anything, don't be a dick.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Missingno

Chile
32 posts
Posted - 2018/04/15 :  18:25:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Missingno's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Even shorter answer.

Nobody owes you anything, don't be a dick.

Slightly longer answer:

Nobody will die if some full-length songs are released FOR SALE.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2018/04/15 :  19:17:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Quite a few artists and labels are doing their own discography usb sticks nowadays though; i don't think it's exclusive to hardcore.

few off the top of my head Jon The Dentist has been doing his, tidy released their hdd, masif did a USB

is it because it is coming down to "crunch time"? The bottoms fallen out of the market and will just continue to so, the people interested in buying these things are on the brink of "retiring" from DJing, if they haven't already done...not to mention that the monetary worth of the music iteself along with the actual interest in it is reducing ("I can't say I actually care").

The final thing to do is the last bastion of making any worth while money selling music is to release your discography in one final firework.
point is, i think most things will surface eventually.

*edit*
HAH! funny I should say that; someones already uploaded the full version here ...(encrypted url as I know we're not supposed to fileshare on here)

http://goo.gl/Lf6QzR

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2018/04/15 :  19:20:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Quite a few artists and labels are doing their own discography usb sticks nowadays though; i don't think it's exclusive to hardcore.

few off the top of my head Jon The Dentist has been doing his, tidy released their hdd, masif did a USB

is it because it is coming down to "crunch time"? The bottoms fallen out of the market and will just continue to so, the people interested in buying these things are on the brink of "retiring" from DJing, if they haven't already done...not to mention that the monetary worth of the music iteself along with the actual interest in it is reducing ("I can't say I actually care").

The final thing to do is the last bastion of making any worth while money selling music is to release your discography in one final firework.

*edit*
HAH! funny I should say that; someones already uploaded the full version here ...(encrypted url as I know we're not supposed to fileshare on here)

Thanks for sharing that! Can't wait to stick it in a mix.

Missingno

Chile
32 posts
Posted - 2018/04/15 :  19:51:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Missingno's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

*edit*

Thank you very much! In addition, it is the digital master in WAV format, instead of a vinyl rip from the dubplate. It could not be better!!!

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2018/04/18 :  12:38:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
If some people have it on dubplate, why not just rip it and get it uploaded?

A) It's not like anyone (Hixxy) would lose out considering it's not publicly for sale in any form (and probably will never be) apart from the mixed version on second hand copies of Bonkers 7, which is all private sellers so no money to rights holders.

B) It's old, the scene has changed and a lot of people who would have once done anything for it are long gone and not looking back. I really doubt it would even get that many downloads apart from the real die hards. Hardly like it's going to be played in countless live and recorded sets.

C) Having the dubplate is no longer is a tool of envy. It might have been a lot of peoples favourite song nearly 20 years ago but now? The most envy would be in having the dubplate from back in the day with the track on it (for collectors purposes) rather than the track itself. So whoever ripped it would still have the more desirable collectable.

Personally, not fussed either way. Would have been nice to have the full version a few years after bonkers 7 but now, can't say I care really.

And.... Asking Thumpa for a favour? Hahahaa, his posting of that mix containing it was nothing less than more typical self promotion. "Here you go, I have it, but rather than just say I have it and/or link to the many bonkers 7 rips of it available on youtube, I'm going to let you hear that I have it by posting my mix that features it ".

13 days after asking for that favour and no further replies by him clarifies my point. (Blatantly if he does comment again in this thread, it will be to argue what I have said and not because he was going to reply otherwise). So request denied I guess

Why would I give you any music I own? ****.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/04/18 :  13:07:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
define own.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2018/04/18 :  17:30:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:

A) It's not like anyone (Hixxy) would lose out considering it's not publicly for sale in any form (and probably will never be) apart from the mixed version on second hand copies of Bonkers 7, which is all private sellers so no money to rights holders.

B) It's old, the scene has changed and a lot of people who would have once done anything for it are long gone and not looking back. I really doubt it would even get that many downloads apart from the real die hards. Hardly like it's going to be played in countless live and recorded sets.

C) Having the dubplate is no longer is a tool of envy. It might have been a lot of peoples favourite song nearly 20 years ago but now? The most envy would be in having the dubplate from back in the day with the track on it (for collectors purposes) rather than the track itself. So whoever ripped it would still have the more desirable collectable.

Personally, not fussed either way. Would have been nice to have the full version a few years after bonkers 7 but now, can't say I care really.

And.... Asking Thumpa for a favour? Hahahaa, his posting of that mix containing it was nothing less than more typical self promotion. "Here you go, I have it, but rather than just say I have it and/or link to the many bonkers 7 rips of it available on youtube, I'm going to let you hear that I have it by posting my mix that features it ".

13 days after asking for that favour and no further replies by him clarifies my point. (Blatantly if he does comment again in this thread, it will be to argue what I have said and not because he was going to reply otherwise). So request denied I guess

hahaha you literally just proved his point

Edited by - Rodz90 on 2018/04/18 17:31:48
Missingno

Chile
32 posts
Posted - 2018/04/18 :  17:45:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Missingno's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

hahaha you literally just proved his point

And mine too:

quote:
Originally posted by Missingno:
Short answer: because of sectarism and narcisism, which unfortunately is a very common pathology in the electronic music scene.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  08:45:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

- Albert Pike

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  09:52:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

That?s just about what I?d expect to be honest. I respect what you tried to do with rebuild but it?s stuff like this that doesn?t make me sympathetic about the treatment you complained about.

Edited by - Vladel on 2018/04/19 09:53:20
danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  10:45:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Yes, I'm a little bit drunk, probably the reason I did this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-for-force-styles-sunshine-original

You never know, it might work. Sign the fucking thing.

Is this release as rare as the Music For Supermarkets vinyl by Jean-Michel Jarre?

Well, on the other hand, I love hearing Force & Styles stuff back then. Not to sound jaded but there was something of special into that music.

Edited by - danielseven on 2018/04/19 10:48:56
danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  10:59:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I agree that's illegal to file share music where you're not the copyright owner.

But please define better "own". You don't own the record. The songwriters are Hobbs and Mew, and the publisher is Paul Rodriguez Music Ltd.

Edited by - danielseven on 2018/04/19 11:00:59
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  11:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
File sharing is generally wrong but in this case, the song is not available, has not been available and is not likely to be available besides the fact it?s not far off 20 years old. There is no loss of earnings here and if the person who owns the rights so cared, they could easily release it so in this case, I see nothing wrong. It says more about a broken system whereby some producers seemingly have nothing but distain for their listeners.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,183 posts
Posted - 2018/04/19 :  13:13:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy owns the rights, and we know what he is like. Force is trying to get the rights to release the old Force and Styles tracks on an album or something, said he's been trying for a while. I don't know what the problems are or what causes delays, or Hixxy doesn't just fucking say "Yes, here you go, release them and give me my cut."

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page