Vibes & Hattrix with new Ham-starter project
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 24

Author Thread  
robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2017/06/30 :  11:24:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
why have my previous posts been edited ?,

-... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .- / -.-. ..- -. - .-.-.-

- .... .. ... / ..-. --- .-. ..- -- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / -... --- .-. .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... --- ..- - / - .... . / -.. .-. .- -- .- .-.-.- / .-.. --- .-..

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2017/06/30 :  13:01:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Thank you for editing Skarr's comments

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/06/30 :  19:44:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
a ban would've sufficed

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/07/01 :  11:42:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
a ban would've sufficed

Im still wondering how we've gone so long without you being banned lool

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/07/01 :  19:07:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
New update video up from DJ Vibes in the studio has we speak, check the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCQmNMOqUY

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/07/01 :  19:46:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
New update video up from DJ Vibes in the studio has we speak, check the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCQmNMOqUY

that's pretty ****in cool

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/07/01 :  21:45:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Who said he doesn't know how way round the studio?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/08/09 :  20:16:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Just wanted to talk about this a bit again... There was a special VIP track released to backers that sounds wicked, just got home to listen on proper speakers and it's good really deep sounding production.

There's been quite a few different videos posted via Vibes' facebook and I can say that my initial concerns have all but disappeared, they really do seem to have their hearts and souls in it. I can't wait :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/08/09 :  21:15:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
If their heart and soul was in it, a normal release would suffice,

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/10 :  06:06:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
If their heart and soul was in it, a normal release would suffice,

but that would rape them :(

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  23:35:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
DELETED: forum refuses to delete my doubled reply -___-

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2017/08/13 23:43:38
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  23:39:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
Haven't finished reading this entire thread yet (made it to page 4) but god damn it has skarr ever lost the plot.

If you don't like the idea you don't like the idea but that's not the way to express it. It could be the absolute worst way to release an album ever and your posts would still make what you're saying seem ridiculous. Get off the drugs, calm the **** down, and get over yourself. If you don't like the idea don't pay for it - I didn't pay for Ham's (though that was more due to funds at the time) and I won't be paying for this (if there was a physical release for either project I probably would've convinced myself to do so, but I refuse to buy PS4 games digitally so paying $200 for something digital is out of the question) - but it's far from a scam. You don't need to pay for it. You don't need to be involved. And they're telling you EXACTLY what you're paying for and getting.

The tactic and wording may seem a bit upfront for you but they aren't lying about anything, they aren't misleading you, and they aren't trying to make your final purchase appear to be Somethig it's not.

Owen even responded to a poster saying "if you're more a fan of *insert track name & years* then this isn't for you". I don't know about you but that's the exact opposite of a scam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This may not be you [you plural - this is to the entire post] but if that's the case you're not being lied to about the contents and you're not beig pushed and pushed into buying it. They've got strong advertising but that's it. I probably would to if it was something of this magnitude. But scam? Sorry, no.

And back to skarr - maybe he has produced music. Maybe they're like Hixxy and they've been producing music this entire time. And maybe he's not the biggest fan of how much people just steal and download music these days and he justifiably wanted to get paid for his work. I know quite a few producers who only DJ now because of that. They'll produce but won't release shit because they feel ripped off. So maybe he's just tring to see the willingness of fans to actually pay for the music he has/will make. I probably would rethink about releasing my music in a normal manner given the environment these days. It's not the making the album that's costing 100$ .. It's the releasing it. You can't make the claim that it's solely a money grab to produce this shit when you have no prior knowledge of whether he has still been doing so this entire time. How much a viable audience do you think there is for this kind of music nowadays? How long do you think it would take before someone just uploaded it and no one else bought in? The experience with Ham's release has shown that people are much less likely to leak something they paid $200 for.

OR, maybe he hasn't produced music. I don't know what Vibes does nowadays but I get the feeling that his career has nothing to do wit producing hardcore, and despite what some producers may make you believe making music doesn't take two hours. Making quality music doesn't just take an afternoon. And if you're any older than 25 then you'd know that even if you have your weekends off, sometimes work is just that tiring, that exhausting, that even hobbies or things you enjoy get pushed to the side and you just watch TV or relax, working on ANYTHJNG seeming like a horrendous concept. I don't k ow about you but tacks don't just come fully
Formed in my head, there's a lot of tweaking and experimenting and countless other shit that goes into producing a track. The point being that maybe they just flat out don't have the time to produce a quality album such as thousand are tring to find a way to do so. I know someone who was in the studio for a couple days while Vince Staples was working on Big Fish Theory and knowing what that process was like it doesn't surprise me in the slightest Owen's explanations here, and though I can understand people not buying in despite his explanations I think he's done and posted enough here to prove to you he's not scaming anybody or pulling ge wool over our eyes. Heavy marketing? Yes. Scam? **** no.

You don't know anything about this and your posts look insane because of this.

--------------------------------------

This was written after reading up to page 4 so maybe he's apologized since or taken a step back and realized how nutty he's sounding but I needed to post this - even if it was a drunken, forgotten in the morning, rant.

No ones scamming anybody. Slow your roll, sir.

EDIT (after reading rest of the thread): I have to co-sign Owen's statement about devaluing of music. It happens with everything. Once you start giving people shit for free they no longer feel like they have to pay for it. Spotify charges and people are okay with it but when YouTube and Soundcloud tried charging for their services after being free for so long everyone sounded off wth a very emphatic **** NO. He's absolutely right in that giving away so much music for free or charging so little for it makes people much less inclined to actually pay for it when they do try and get some money out of us. This is very prevelant in rap - because most of the newer artists aren't really selling their music (Chance hasn't erased an official album that's sold in stores/online yet and he has at least $10,000,000) a lot of the releases by older acts (and most of the newer ones) are of much lower quality production/mixing/ mastering wise because they just flat out don't have the money behind it to do it professionally, and newer acts don't even think about it because it's all coming out for free. This can and will happen in the HC scene if people aren't willing to pay Ppdocusra what the music is worth. I paid $20 for the Entity-Material CD. That gave me at least 15 full tracks and a mix CD .. In 1997 you'd get 2 full tracks for a $10 vinyl. Trying to charge $10 for two songs nowadays and you'll get laughed out the room. That ony took $20 years. Even paying $20 for a CD these days seems blasphemous to some kids/people. That only took 10 years. Owen's not wrong in wanting to try and put a stop to that.

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2017/08/14 01:02:05
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2017/08/14 :  00:25:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
Also @ Owen - I support this idea and though I understand people's skepticism and passing on the project (as I admittedly would) I don't really have much negative to say about it, however come on man ... Trying to use Piano Confusion as an example of how long tracks can take to make is a bit misleading; the drums on that chOOn are absolutely insane and sound about as close to perfect as breaks can sound these days .. You know what you're doing by mentioning that xD

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2017/08/14 00:40:35
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2017/08/14 :  00:51:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
HOWEVER, if there is one negative about this release it would have to be this: HC has a lot of lost tracks. Whether it be because the DAT's were destroyed or because it was only a small vinyl release HC has a lot
Of music that's completely disappeared. ****, even CDJ said that the Eyeopner files were almost completely lost until recently. And that's a large released tune.

My biggest worry is eventually these tracks will be lost forever. This feeing isn't just about this project - I felt this way about HAM's and have about many vinyl only releases (Hixxy being the most egregious here) , let alone all the rap, punk and metal that has disappeared aftwr never having been released or because it was on some weird obscure label.

I know this may go against their original plans but after a certain amount of time I am 100% behind people
leaking this shit. After 2-3 years no one will really care about playing them out (not that they won't, but it won't be like they're taking away from the people who DID pay originally) so it won't really have any effect on the purchasers, but it's limited digital releases like this that eventually disappear for good.

There's a whole bunch of people talking about how they can no longer get songs they had previously purchased because they're no longer avilable online in theVinylgroover thread. Now, it's not so likely that this will happen but what if everyone who has the digital copie has there computers wiped or needs to reinstall Windows or what have you?

There was a HC artist whose hard drive died a few years back (might've even been Vinylgroover) and he lost yeeeeears of music, some of which he can ever get back because of limited releases.

If the original producer can't get their own music back the. It's entirely possible that if only 50 people buy a track that 10 will eventually lose it while changing computer, 20 will have to wipe their computer at one point and then the other 20 forget .. Songs can get lost and as much as an artist may not want some of their music released widely this is one for he few items where I would go against he artist's wishes and after a few years release the tracks. I'm all about archiving and preserving shit I enjoy and were already losing most of those original Jordan's because of the glue drying up and we've already lost a bunch of 90's rap because of shitty preservation tactics, I do not want that to happen to HC that only has a fan base of about 10,000 willing to actually support the scene fully and buy compilations. We are not a big scene and it's way too simple to have stuff disappear forever.

Everytime I see a thread or post by a producer on here saying that they've lost such and such track foreve because of whatever reason it saddens me.

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2017/08/14 00:52:45
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/14 :  07:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
There was a HC artist whose hard drive died a few years back (might've even been Vinylgroover) and he lost yeeeeears of music, some of which he can ever get back because of limited releases.

That would be DJ UFO actually. And Hixxy too (but I have a feeling he might've had his stuff on UFO's drives :P)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 24 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  ... 20  21  22  23  24
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page