Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Kyle_Buffrey

Tanzania
141 posts

37 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/07/08 :  15:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kyle_Buffrey's homepage  Reply with quote
I have noticed that in all genres of underground dance music , many of it's listeners tend to be bedroom djs, probably because they want to participate on a higher than spectator level in the scene that they love. That's why Vinyl sells, If you think about it, bedroom djing is a bit like when a teenage rock music fan learns to play the guitar. Whereas as R'n'B and pop is full of armchair fans (literally) who just watch music channels all day. They buy CD's because they like things simple. As for cd DJing.... Vinyl is still my preference.

But the bonkers cd albums sell well ,even to those who aren't quite as interested in the genre, as we all are on this site, so hardcore cd singles might have a chance in the music industry, but not for djing.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/10 :  21:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
I put "for sure". I've gone into my reasons before so I won't bore you all with them again.

Dj Vapour

United Kingdom
72 posts
Dj Vapour is verified hardcore artist Dj Vapour has attended 11 events
Posted - 2003/07/20 :  02:01:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
alot of people buy records just to listen to (ie not to mix) so i think cd
singles would go down well, especially when the production cost is so much less !

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/20 :  14:15:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
cd singles wud be cool cos alot of people buy cd decks before they buy vinyl decks so it'd give them something to use, also with cd becoming ever more popular labels shud be catering for people who use cd mixers, n tbh it is such a small scene ( in terms of pop etc ) that surely neway to allow people to get in2 the scene shud b welcomed

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!

kibble
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2003/07/20 :  23:47:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
why by anthing buy vinyl

jjules
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2003/07/23 :  05:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jjules's homepage  Reply with quote
I listen to hardcore (Bonkers) cd's all the time...mixing with them ain't so hot as they are already mixed---no matter, my point is hardcore on CD singles is a great idea!

Hardcore.Will.Never.Die!

ravinlil

United Kingdom
22 posts
ravinlil has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/26 :  04:58:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
cd singles are a good idea it would introduce more poeple to hardcore and make it more high profile but i like everything the way it is now, its more underground at the moment and thats the way i want it to stay so you dont get those poppy people tryin the style it just wouldnt work. as for cd singles from a Dj'in position Id rather listen to sum1 spinnin vynal theres no difference in quality (well maby sometimes) but i feel its what it all started with so lets carry on theres no point in changin sumthing thats already perfect!

hardcore can be the route to evil, if spun incorrectly!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page