Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Gammer AMA
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/09/25 :  14:27:50  Show profile Send a private message
Hear his facinating perspective about how horrible the UK hardcore scene is; and how nobody ever treated him right. lol. lol. lol.

some serious ******** whining in here; a good read for sure

I of course; dropped reality on him

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monstercat/comments/71llr4/i_am_gammer_ama/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Monstercat

Alert moderator

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/09/25 14:28:16
ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/09/25 :  15:59:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
Another one of those...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - ViolonC on 2017/09/25 15:59:39
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/09/25 :  15:59:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
What did you say?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/09/26 :  21:36:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
What did you say?

"Can I suck yo mofo dick yet?"

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  16:47:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Gammer :

For a long time I stuck to making what my die hard fans wanted because I was morbidly scared of upsetting them
Eventually I realised I was miserable. And I mean miserable, one day I decided **** it...im just gonna do what I want to do
I'll make this blunt, I make music for >ME< and no one else. I don't care if me career ends tomorrow, at least i'll go out doing what i enjoy

Me: quick!
tell the USA HTID promoters.
God knows they could save loads of cash actually booking hardcore producers interested in the scene . Sorry idiot fanboys still scream for you to play shows you clearly have zero interest in.

He really pisses me off like a lying politician. If you don't like the people; and don't like the music... **** OFF!!!!

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  16:59:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage
used to love everything Gammer did, shame his new venture into (what ever sound it is) is not my thing! i can see people who don't like uk hardcore/happy hardcore will like this direction (still not sure what it is)

Edited by - martinj1985 on 2017/09/30 19:10:44
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  17:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
used to love everything Gamer did, shame his new venture into (what ever sound it is) is not my thing! i can see people who don't like uk hardcore/happy hardcore will like this direction (still not sure what it is)

for real.

not sure it is as much depression or whatever; as much as straight up utter egotistical narcissism.

So Gammer dislikes the music; the people; and the feeling of the general scene. instead of leaving said scene and making self happy; he attempts to change his persona and style 100%... but apply the new personage to the same crowd; he just claimed he disliked....

WHAT?

HUH?

Is he a masochist?

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  18:35:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
Wouldn't wish depression on anyone. If expanding horizons and making stuff he enjoys fills the hole, good on him.

He never handled criticism very well from fans. The amount of time he spent on social media referring to anyone outside of his immediate fan base as haters polarized the scene a bit and I don't think he handled the consequential reputation very well. It was a peculiar time.

Like I say, kudos on anyone able to shed there demons. I think full-time producers have a little bit too much time to spend inside their own head, and I don't think that's healthy. It's never been irregular to see a social media outburst or new story going around. Combined with receiving negative attention for whatever reason compounds it.

I was a Gammer critic, and I feel like an ass for it. I hate the idea of contributing to someone's depression, and therefore - to a degree - hate myself. When you criticize in this scene, your mindset is that it's the entertainment industry and the receiver of those comments should learn to accept bad feedback, but eventually you realise that there's no justification for it. Constructive critique is fine, but it has to be intricately balanced. Telling someone to go back to an old style or make something other than what their creativity produces is not helping anyone. Most of the scene is guilty of that.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2017/09/30 18:37:42
Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  19:29:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Wouldn't wish depression on anyone. If expanding horizons and making stuff he enjoys fills the hole, good on him.

He never handled criticism very well from fans. The amount of time he spent on social media referring to anyone outside of his immediate fan base as haters polarized the scene a bit and I don't think he handled the consequential reputation very well. It was a peculiar time.

Like I say, kudos on anyone able to shed there demons. I think full-time producers have a little bit too much time to spend inside their own head, and I don't think that's healthy. It's never been irregular to see a social media outburst or new story going around. Combined with receiving negative attention for whatever reason compounds it.

I was a Gammer critic, and I feel like an ass for it. I hate the idea of contributing to someone's depression, and therefore - to a degree - hate myself. When you criticize in this scene, your mindset is that it's the entertainment industry and the receiver of those comments should learn to accept bad feedback, but eventually you realise that there's no justification for it. Constructive critique is fine, but it has to be intricately balanced. Telling someone to go back to an old style or make something other than what their creativity produces is not helping anyone. Most of the scene is guilty of that.

I agree with you and I totally support if he wants a change. As he said: Do what makes you happy. But: If you half abandon a label (TWR) without any statement, do half this and half that without talking about it until someone takes you up on it and give people hope the label might come back and give everyone the finger who comments on it then don't be effin surprised if people come after you and complain, that's just normal. I think fair enough on the move but the communication around it has just been terrible and he's victimized himself way too much.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  20:02:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Usually if someone is depressed they move away or stop doing whatever is making them depressed. Gammer doubles down on forcing some serious ******** down the throats of a group of people who really don't care. ALL the hate comes from him being a complete dick. If he would just STOP calling the color blue the color green; and people will stop bothering him for doing so. Nobody in the hardcore scene cares about kayzo or diplo. It so simple; but he woulf rather whine about how we forced him into a corner; and it is 100% ********. Honestly sounds to me like he just uses " depression" as an excuse to be a complete dick and narcissist.

he can change all he wants. jsut leave the hardcore scene alone.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/09/30 20:04:01
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2017/09/30 :  20:29:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
Usually if someone is depressed they move away or stop doing whatever is making them depressed. Gammer doubles down on forcing some serious ******** down the throats of a group of people who really don't care. ALL the hate comes from him being a complete dick. If he would just STOP calling the color blue the color green; and people will stop bothering him for doing so. Nobody in the hardcore scene cares about kayzo or diplo. It so simple; but he woulf rather whine about how we forced him into a corner; and it is 100% ********. Honestly sounds to me like he just uses " depression" as an excuse to be a complete dick and narcissist.

I think Gammer put it best in the AMA. He makes music for him. I think his point was that he felt pressure to make Hardcore and it contributed to making him depressed. Now he's exploring more creative freedom and he feels better for it.

With respect, I would suggest you reel-in your assumptions about depression. Whether you've experienced it or not, everyone's situation is different, and you're displaying some real ignorance.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/01 :  23:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
quote:

I think Gammer put it best in the AMA. He makes music for him. I think his point was that he felt pressure to make Hardcore and it contributed to making him depressed. Now he's exploring more creative freedom and he feels better for it.

With respect, I would suggest you reel-in your assumptions about depression. Whether you've experienced it or not, everyone's situation is different, and you're displaying some real ignorance.

I just dont think depression gives you the right to act like a dick.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/10/02 :  07:14:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's your excuse than?

Let me spell it out in the cool ghetto way you say things:

Legit Trippnface you gotta slow down!!! you can't just ****ing drop reality on people! Whilst sometimes it makes a good read you actually come off as standoffish. God knows that if you actually listened to others opinions rather then trying to push your own agenda all the time there might be some stimulating debate.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/02 :  17:08:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Am I being dick?

Dang; I thought I was just being honest.

I have no problem expressing my honesty :).

Nor do I have a problem appearing " standoffish"

I will continue to reply and respond to Gammer and his egotistical perception that he gets to define " happy hardcore"; and we should just shup up and eat it. If his version of depression consists of having people pay sometimes upwards of a hundred dollars ( gas; hotel; food tickets; etc) to go see a happy hardcore show; and he plays NOT happy hardcore; he deserves every last bit of condemnation thrown at him. How absolutely rude and inconsiderate.

He can make music for HIM all he wants.. when he gets booked to play a very SPECIFIC type of music though; and then proceeds to play NOTHING of the sort; everyone who spent their money for that service has 100% right to speak out.

I don't understand how this is even debate.

Depression arguement is almost laughable.

" This politician ordered the bombing of that city... but he is depressed. let's just leave him alone"

" my buddy stole my ps4 and everything out of my room.. i think he is depressed though.. lets just let it slide"

What absolutely fallicious logic!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/10/02 :  17:11:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's your excuse than?

Let me spell it out in the cool ghetto way you say things:

Legit Trippnface you gotta slow down!!! you can't just ****ing drop reality on people! Whilst sometimes it makes a good read you actually come off as standoffish. God knows that if you actually listened to others opinions rather then trying to push your own agenda all the time there might be some stimulating debate.

Now you see; MOCKING people IS being a dick.

" push my own agenda"

Yes; God forbid I want to get what I pay for.

Are you joking?

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2017/10/02 :  17:46:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
quote:
Am I being dick?

Dang; I thought I was just being honest.

I have no problem expressing my honesty :).

Nor do I have a problem appearing " standoffish"

I will continue to reply and respond to Gammer and his egotistical perception that he gets to define " happy hardcore"; and we should just shup up and eat it. If his version of depression consists of having people pay sometimes upwards of a hundred dollars ( gas; hotel; food tickets; etc) to go see a happy hardcore show; and he plays NOT happy hardcore; he deserves every last bit of condemnation thrown at him. How absolutely rude and inconsiderate.

He can make music for HIM all he wants.. when he gets booked to play a very SPECIFIC type of music though; and then proceeds to play NOTHING of the sort; everyone who spent their money for that service has 100% right to speak out.

I don't understand how this is even debate.

Depression arguement is almost laughable.

" This politician ordered the bombing of that city... but he is depressed. let's just leave him alone"

" my buddy stole my ps4 and everything out of my room.. i think he is depressed though.. lets just let it slide"

What absolutely fallicious logic!

You're comparing producing music to genocide and theft. Wow.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2017/10/02 17:57:48

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page