Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  18:45:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
How good is Dougal - senses?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  18:58:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
How good is Dougal - senses?

better than I thought at first listen, but i just cant shake that newish commerical feel, even on the tracks that are hardcore ish. its a good track though. it is in my top 5 off that disc, but that honestly not saying much. though with so many off tracks sometimes it sours my vibe and i disregard other tracks :p. i hope dougal keeps it up, havent heard anything for awhile. (except for that track he is working on with vibes, HOT DAMN baby jesus)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  19:22:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
most tracks just went past me to be honest. Nothing really catching like on HHv2

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2017/12/18 :  01:23:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
I haven't had time to check out CD2, but the Fracus and Darwin mix is indeed very pleasing. Stand out tracks include...

Fracus & Darwin - Share This Love
Darwin & Bundy - Better Place
Skinny & Darwin - Control It
Flakee & DBL - Let Me Cry For You
Entity & Darwin - True Emotion
Fracus & Darwin - The Look In Your Eyes.
Stormtrooper - Fiyah.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/18 :  15:48:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
seriously though. if anybody can ever find a mix from technikore in the history of his hardcore career with a tracklist as bad as this one i will give you a cookie.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/12/19 :  01:39:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
So I've been listening to HH Vol. 2 that just came in over the weekend....

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but where's the mixing? Where's the transitions and DJ tricks? Both the F&D and Scott Brown mixes sound like the Clubland Hardcore Xtreme mixing style, i,e, very short to no transitions. I remember back in the day, we hated that, and now it seems to be "the way". Are tracks just not long enough to warrant transitions? Or does the new crowd not care about that?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/19 :  22:33:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok i've gone through the tracks now and it's not great. Dougal has the best track on the album by a mile followed by Craig Daze - Sunshine. There is precious great little stuff on this one especially compared with the last two and i really hoped i would love this lot but Fracus & Darwin haven't really stretched their legs on this one and given us any bangers. Their tracks seem more formulaic than usual which brings us to Technikore.

God how awful has he become? He's in a wierd middle ground between the old and loved style and the new modern marmite sound but not in a good way. It's not chocolate spread or marmite, it's something in the middle that doesn't taste nice at all, just like cucmber sandwiches with cheap relish and no meat. That's it, a cheap Vegan sandwich that no one wants to buy but the alternative is pickle and marmalade (I.e MOB).

How about for number 4 we have some Chicken teriyaki or Classic steak and cheese?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/12/20 :  21:28:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Posted my mix featuring a fair few tracks, check the mix forum if you care :)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/22 :  18:05:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
So I've been listening to HH Vol. 2 that just came in over the weekend....

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but where's the mixing? Where's the transitions and DJ tricks? Both the F&D and Scott Brown mixes sound like the Clubland Hardcore Xtreme mixing style, i,e, very short to no transitions. I remember back in the day, we hated that, and now it seems to be "the way". Are tracks just not long enough to warrant transitions? Or does the new crowd not care about that?

Now that we get the full length tracks with the mixes, i think the mixing should be way more prevalent for sure. No reason to not mix until the very end of track if we are recieving full tracks with

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2017/12/24 :  01:46:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok I just listened to the Technikore mix. I was pleasantly surprised by his mix. It's different, and that's a good thing. It was energetic, bouncy, and sing-a-long friendly...so I was quickly taken back to the 2005-2008 phase. I hope to see more of this :) I will say though, there was a huuuuuuge lack of mixing/DJ talent...but as far as the tracks go, they were fine.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2017/12/24 01:51:45
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/12/24 :  18:01:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.

This must be a sarcastic post surely. The artwork is well produced and at a professional level.

I dont know what accreditation you have to start making Photoshop remarks, but I can safely say they're ********.

Hardcore Underground, as far as Ive seen, has always worked with capable artworkers.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/25 :  08:47:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Seriously, who cares about artwork? Put out a white background with black lettering for all I care, as long as the music is good.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/30 :  23:15:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=89608

I'm no arpz (he's very good) but i used a couple of the latest in that mix.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/12/31 :  00:05:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=89608

I'm no arpz (he's very good) but i used a couple of the latest in that mix.

Oh you! :)

Will make sure to check this out, off to ravers reunited for nye and it's a bit of a drive so will get it on in the car

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2018/01/08 :  17:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Any update on when the physical copies will be sent out?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page