Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/01/16 :  23:25:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Next Gen/Blatant Beats and Hardcore Underground. For me, they're the only ones who have been consistently good throughout their existence.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  10:38:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd say Evolution hands down; consistently high quality releases over a long period of time. As others have said, Next Gen/BB make a very worthy second place for similar reasons.

Quosh were OK but released some absolute shockers over the years; I did like that they appeared to be one of the only major labels pushing some new talent in the mid-00s.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  11:03:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:
I'd say Evolution hands down; consistently high quality releases over a long period of time. As others have said, Next Gen/BB make a very worthy second place for similar reasons.

Quosh were OK but released some absolute shockers over the years; I did like that they appeared to be one of the only major labels pushing some new talent in the mid-00s.

I thought 99% of Quosh was just Sy & Unknown? :P
But yea, the digital releases did have a lot of up and coming people like Joey Riot & Kurt foremostly

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  12:30:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

I thought 99% of Quosh was just Sy & Unknown? :P
But yea, the digital releases did have a lot of up and coming people like Joey Riot & Kurt foremostly

Haha yeah I don't disagree, the vast majority of releases were down to them; however around '04-'05 they did seem to have a run of releases from up and comers as well; at least compared with Evolution (basically just Scott Brown) and Next Gen in the same time period (which has generally been Ham/Brisk/whoever the current engineer working with Brisk is).

Not saying they were amazing or anything, just that pushing new talent hasn't been something the hardcore scene has been good at historically

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  12:57:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Id have to disagree on the consistency of Evolution. I first started listening to hardcore around the time of bonkers 9 (2002) and Scott Brown made his best tunes around that time imo. He did have a massive slump around 05/06 if I remember correctly and his tunes were nowhere near his standard... He eventually stopped producing altogether. Its only been in the last 4 years or so that he?s got back in the studio and producing some great tracks again.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2018/01/17 13:02:01
9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  13:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Id have to disagree on the consistency of Evolution. I first started listening to hardcore around the time of bonkers 9 (2002) and Scott Brown made his best tunes around that time imo. He did have a massive slump around 05/06 if I remember correctly and his tunes were nowhere near his standard... He eventually stopped producing altogether. Its only been in the last 4 years or so that he?s got back in the studio and producing some great tracks again.

Agreed that the bonkers 9-11 era was his best, but I wouldn't say the 05-06 releases were bad either; tbh I started to go off the way hardcore was progressing in around 2007 and stopped paying as close attention to releases after that. I think Next Gen/BB wrapped up at around the same time Scott stopped for a bit (around 2010/11)?

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2018/01/17 :  14:18:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
I'd say evolution or Kniteforce, both awesome from the very start and still knocking out bangers, god bless Scott B and Chris H

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/01/21 :  16:17:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Infinity Recordings, Masterwax Records and finally Executive Records.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/01/21 :  16:51:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

Areth thou a Silver wench? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/01/23 :  13:33:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

Areth thou a Silver wench? :P

I was lucky enough to have some of the Masterwax collection silvers label rocks.

Diskard
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2018/02/01 :  14:09:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Diskard's homepage  Reply with quote
They don't make them like they used to..

Quosh
Next Gen
Blatant Beats
Evolution
Raverbaby

The ones at the forefront now cannot match the likes of the classic labels.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  04:06:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Depends what era. Now I really like
Hardcore Underground
Go Hard Digital
We Are One Digital
Justice Hardcore
Evolution
Lethal Theory
Klubbed up

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2018/02/05 :  03:24:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
wheres the Thin N Crispy fans at?

now that was a label and a half!

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/05 :  13:10:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:

It sure was Kay thanks to Stormtrooper.

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2018/02/07 :  09:39:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:

It sure was Kay thanks to Stormtrooper.

def Stormtrooper and Robbie Long. what legends!

so exciting Stormtrooper is writing uk hardcore again

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page