Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2018/02/24 :  01:15:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
I honestly don't know, out of those that I have listened to I think CXH3 is my least favourite but it's still got a few good tunes on it...

My SOUNDCLOUD

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/24 :  08:18:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I honestly don't know, out of those that I have listened to I think CXH3 is my least favourite but it's still got a few good tunes on it...

SY & Unknown Feat Lou Lou Touch The Sky was one of the decent tunes on that album.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/02/25 :  09:34:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
There?s nothing hardcore about those Clubland X Treme albums more like pop shite.

Nah the first 2 for sure had a genuine UK hardcore feel to them. The 3rd one was terrible but mainly because of Breeze's mix. The 4th one was pretty good and then it got to shit after that, especially since they were promoting that new triplets sound at the time which never took off.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/02/25 :  09:37:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I disagree that the Hardcore Adrenaline albums were bad, some of the bootlegs were crap but I thought overall there's some great stuff on there. It sounds a bit dated these days, the style of music from that album isn't old-sounding enough to be considered old school but isn't new-sounding enough to get played in a DJ mix.

The Ministry of Sound hardcore albums were pretty abysmal, worst of which being Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Billy-Daniel-Bunter-Nicky-Blackmarket-Helter-Skelter-Vs-Raindance-Present-Rave-Nation-The-A/release/1176075

The bootleg CDs gradually declined in quality. The 3rd one was by far rhe worst. Stu Allan's mixes were always the best in the series, but the 2nd one was his weakest out of the 3. All DJ Seduction's mixes were disappointing. He had some great tracks on them, but the mix itself was a bit boring.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/25 :  09:54:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
There?s nothing hardcore about those Clubland X Treme albums more like pop shite.

Nah the first 2 for sure had a genuine UK hardcore feel to them. The 3rd one was terrible but mainly because of Breeze's mix. The 4th one was pretty good and then it got to shit after that, especially since they were promoting that new triplets sound at the time which never took off.

First two were decent no disputing that the 3rd one not just Breeze?s mix the three CDs in general were horrible.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  23:09:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought CXH1-2, 4 and 7 were fantastic. Think 4 is my fave. The difference between 3 and 4 is astonishing, like night and day. How they could go so wrong with the third one is beyond me. I will say it does have some fantastic tunes but they are few. Crash on CD2 is such an underrated tune! Also Silver Water is a classic.

My SOUNDCLOUD

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  07:54:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Not sure why 3 is getting singled out so much. Sure, it wasnt up to the standard of 1,2 & 4, but compared to all of the clubland albums after 4 its still ahead imo. I think all 3 mixes had some absolute bangers which Id still happily listen to now. Even Breeze had a decent mix.

I do seem to remember that 3 came out fairly quickly after the 2nd one, so it might have been a little more rushed, hence the drop in quality, but it still represents a time when Hardcore was at its best imo.

Edit: Why the **** does this site replace every apostrophe with a question mark?!

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2018/03/03 07:57:10
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  09:50:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Not sure why 3 is getting singled out so much. Sure, it wasnt up to the standard of 1,2 & 4, but compared to all of the clubland albums after 4 its still ahead imo. I think all 3 mixes had some absolute bangers which Id still happily listen to now. Even Breeze had a decent mix.

I do seem to remember that 3 came out fairly quickly after the 2nd one, so it might have been a little more rushed, hence the drop in quality, but it still represents a time when Hardcore was at its best imo.

Edit: Why the **** does this site replace every apostrophe with a question mark?!

Number 3 came out in the same year as the 2nd in 2006 9 months. It?s tunes like Hardcore DJ which was decent ruined by a pathetic remix and I also agree in 2006 Hardcore was at its best so many releases in quick succession.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  08:21:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
To be fair, Hardcore dj was shite and no remix was ever going to make that any better.

Hixxys mix on 3 was especially good. ?Take me with you?, ?overload? and ?power of love? all come to mind. I can think of far worse compilations, especially with the benefit of hindsight, knowing how shite Hardcore is these days.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  14:01:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Every tune Re Con remixed on that pathetic album was shite especially on the first two CDs Darren Styles Save Me and the one mentioned Hardcore DJ even worse when you have Squad E there too.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  15:52:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Na, not having that. Sure feels good, only you, gotta believe and overload were all slammers.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  16:16:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Touch The Sky, Love You For A Lifetime, Sublime Walking In The Rain, Silver Water gets my vote for slammers.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  20:33:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
To be fair, Hardcore dj was shite and no remix was ever going to make that any better.

Hixxys mix on 3 was especially good. ?Take me with you?, ?overload? and ?power of love? all come to mind. I can think of far worse compilations, especially with the benefit of hindsight, knowing how shite Hardcore is these days.

Hixxy's Night Life remix and Sacrifice good tracks from that mix also.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  20:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I disagree that the Hardcore Adrenaline albums were bad, some of the bootlegs were crap but I thought overall there's some great stuff on there. It sounds a bit dated these days, the style of music from that album isn't old-sounding enough to be considered old school but isn't new-sounding enough to get played in a DJ mix.

The Ministry of Sound hardcore albums were pretty abysmal, worst of which being Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Billy-Daniel-Bunter-Nicky-Blackmarket-Helter-Skelter-Vs-Raindance-Present-Rave-Nation-The-A/release/1176075

The bootleg CDs gradually declined in quality. The 3rd one was by far rhe worst. Stu Allan's mixes were always the best in the series, but the 2nd one was his weakest out of the 3. All DJ Seduction's mixes were disappointing. He had some great tracks on them, but the mix itself was a bit boring.

Yeah the bootleg CDs did decline in quality. First album was fairly good album with some ok bootlegs. Seduction's mixes were fairly good in first two albums also.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/04 :  21:31:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:

Hixxy's Night Life remix and Sacrifice good tracks from that mix also.

Yes, both anthems from that time. Definitely a much better album than it gets credit for.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page