Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2018/02/15 :  11:10:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Its follow up album The Best Essential Ultimate Essential Happy Hardcore Album wasn't very good.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/15 :  15:25:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Probably the Hardcore Adrenaline series. I seem to remember not being that into the music that was on it; then it didn't get listened to much after that.

actually it was 07 so was starting to get well into the whole falling out of love with modern hardcore thing.

That said don't regret buying them too much as they were being practically given away by HMV for like ?1 or ?2 at the time.

You know what I was thinking the same one when I opened the thread but forgot the name until you mentioned it. Had Stu Allen and Seduction doing the mixes?

There where some right shockers on there!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/15 :  15:36:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
But the worse of worse is Clubland X Treme Hardcore series first two were ok nothing spectacular but from number three onwards it all went crap.

Oh how could I forget. It was 2005 and I happened to be in Liverpool as was staying up north that week and I just saw it in HMV in the shopping centre.

It was clever though. It was released before Clubland 7 which was the next in line in the mainstream series but also released ahead of Bonkers 14. It was full of dozens of Hardcore remixes of already well known club tunes with familiar names being Hixxy, Styles and Breeze with a cheeky Hixxy remix of Special D - Come with me (was that what it was called?) which had been a hit the year before. It would also feature tracks and remixes from the likes of Scott Brown and Gammer to pull in the Hardcore listeners.

Some tracks where ok actually, especially Scott Browns remix of Styles and Breeze - Your my angel but that also appeared on Scott Brown's remix on Bonkers by which time it had been spoilt.

It was seen as a very chav album back in the day. All the kids loved it and got into that HTID Raverbaby hype that was going on but it was boycotted by most others in the scene. That year we had dozens of compilations fighting it out, Hardcore Heaven, Hard Nation, Clubland Extreme Hardcore and of course Bonkers being the lead four.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/02/15 :  21:40:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:

Big G - Destiny
Coco & Static - The Future
V2 - Bodybagz
Interdance Kru - Hardcore Upstart
KC - Stompin In

Those tracks (and similar ones) appeared on a fair few albums actually. Usually generic compilations like "Essential Hardcore", "Ultimate Hardcore", "Strictly Hardcore", those spring to mind. I don't know what the story is, I imagine someone knocked them together and offered them ridiculously cheap for album use.
I could understand them being on those budget CDs with a few actual decent tracks, but why Dreamscape thought they would make good filler material is beyond me.

*EDIT*
That Dreamscape album is on Beechwood music, the same as those others I mentioned above. Perhaps their appearance was in the terms of the contract or something. Really good compilation, otherwise.

Yeah i think i have them on a cd as well, think its a decadance 1

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  08:03:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Probably the Hardcore Adrenaline series. I seem to remember not being that into the music that was on it; then it didn't get listened to much after that.

actually it was 07 so was starting to get well into the whole falling out of love with modern hardcore thing.

That said don't regret buying them too much as they were being practically given away by HMV for like ?1 or ?2 at the time.

You know what I was thinking the same one when I opened the thread but forgot the name until you mentioned it. Had Stu Allen and Seduction doing the mixes?

There where some right shockers on there!

Yes those two doing the mixes absolutely shite and shocking.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  12:17:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:

Big G - Destiny
Coco & Static - The Future
V2 - Bodybagz
Interdance Kru - Hardcore Upstart
KC - Stompin In

Those tracks (and similar ones) appeared on a fair few albums actually. Usually generic compilations like "Essential Hardcore", "Ultimate Hardcore", "Strictly Hardcore", those spring to mind. I don't know what the story is, I imagine someone knocked them together and offered them ridiculously cheap for album use.
I could understand them being on those budget CDs with a few actual decent tracks, but why Dreamscape thought they would make good filler material is beyond me.

*EDIT*
That Dreamscape album is on Beechwood music, the same as those others I mentioned above. Perhaps their appearance was in the terms of the contract or something. Really good compilation, otherwise.

Yeah i think i have them on a cd as well, think its a decadance 1

I have a few Deccadance CDs as well. One called The Ultimate Hardcore album released in 2002 with 3 Sy and Unknown mixes and 3 unmixed ones with one CD having a few unknown tracks from 1999 which might be those tracks everyone is talking about.

The mixes where actually good though. Tracks like Technophobia, Heart of Gold and on other CD some better unreleased tunes.

I also have one that is just called Hardcore and had Sy and Unknown mixing then recent stuff which included some 'Donk' type of Hardcore! The unmixed CD were better value with some Old Skool and some more then recent stuff

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  12:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Well it seems that The Ultimate Hardcore Album sure enough id include those tunes as well:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Ultimate-Hardcore-Album/release/221623

The comments are quite interesting as someone there actually says the same thing that everyone was saying here:

quote:
Does anyone know who the producers were who made the tracks on disc 6? I'm guessing it was maybe a faily big name knocking out shit tracks for cheap compilations.

But who where these 'producers' though? It seems that they are nowhere to be found on discogs!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  13:03:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
We gotta ask Duncan Collins. He's name is both this and on Decadance's "Hardcore" (at least on the last ther are no filler tracks).

On The Ultimate Hardcore Album (6xCD) (2002):
"Compiled Duncan Collins. Mixed by Sy & Unknown."

On Hardcore (6xCD) (2004):
"Mixed and compiled by Sy & Unknown. Project Managed by Duncan Collins"

By the looks of it, I guess Sy & Unknown got more creative freedom on Hardcore?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/02/16 13:08:58
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  13:27:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Nah I think he's to do with Decadance.

Those tracks were doing the rounds well before then on the beachwood stuff in the late 90s

Hardcore Explosion / Essential Hardcore

Reckon it's more likely something to do with Slammin Vinyl; as a lot of those other tracks on that album are signed to SV.

Hmmmmm. It's not like their poorly produced; they're just terrible pieces of music :P

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  13:44:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
We gotta ask Duncan Collins. He's name is both this and on Decadance's "Hardcore" (at least on the last ther are no filler tracks).

On The Ultimate Hardcore Album (6xCD) (2002):
"Compiled Duncan Collins. Mixed by Sy & Unknown."

On Hardcore (6xCD) (2004):
"Mixed and compiled by Sy & Unknown. Project Managed by Duncan Collins"

By the looks of it, I guess Sy & Unknown got more creative freedom on Hardcore?

Well 'Mr G' did not get him name on Hardcore (6 CDs) but hen doing a search for those names it will just take you to a Hip Hop artist also called Mr G while another name takes you to 2009 Heavy Metal album released in Russia...

Was Duncan Collins the one behind these strange producers? Maybe e will never know!

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  16:59:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
The True Hardcore series might deserve a mention, although I didn't get them myself. What were Supreme & Sunset Regime doing on there? I think it says something if an album directly leads to Stormtrooper quitting the scene for 7-8 years.

I recall there being one of those minimum-effort compilations released in the late 2000s which had 100 tracks, probably half of which were godawful FL Studio sounding shit. It had a very generic name so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find it.

Edited by - lurker on 2018/02/16 17:04:46
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  20:08:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
The True Hardcore series might deserve a mention, although I didn't get them myself. What were Supreme & Sunset Regime doing on there? I think it says something if an album directly leads to Stormtrooper quitting the scene for 7-8 years.

I recall there being one of those minimum-effort compilations released in the late 2000s which had 100 tracks, probably half of which were godawful FL Studio sounding shit. It had a very generic name so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find it.

The Mcing on the albums might not have been the best, but over the piece I think True Hardcore was pretty decent. Sy/Unknown and Dougal/Gammer we?re both making a lot of good tunes at that time. Supreme/Sunset Regime were truly awful though.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2018/02/16 :  22:25:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Well it seems that The Ultimate Hardcore Album sure enough id include those tunes as well:

The comments are quite interesting as someone there actually says the same thing that everyone was saying here:

quote:
Does anyone know who the producers were who made the tracks on disc 6? I'm guessing it was maybe a faily big name knocking out shit tracks for cheap compilations.

But who where these 'producers' though? It seems that they are nowhere to be found on discogs!

Ha, there's me at the top asking the same hing as well!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/02/17 :  08:03:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
True Hardcore had the first one and another bad choice too much of that crap MCing ruined it good job I didn?t get the 2nd one.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/02/17 :  14:23:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

quote:

Ha, there's me at the top asking the same hing as well!

Nah, it'll have been one of those random behind the scenes 'in house' producers that just knocks stuff out for compilations in whatever style to save money.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page