Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2019/01/17 :  23:30:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Believe it or not Smoogie found him!!

https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=92388

To me at least, that is an awesome classics set, better mixed than I have ever heard from the so-called Top Tier.

Yes Ben Stevens is usually a Hard House artist but like a lot of people he can branch out.

Saying that some of his Hard House releases really do put a lot of Hardcore to shame yet are on par with earlier Hardcore in the sense of 'if you make tune, you do it properly'

It is a shame that Hardcore takes nothing from Hard House these days yet in the early 2000s there was that odd hint of borrowed ideas. Freeform and the early Trancecore came quite close at times yet of course Freeform was faster. Some even dared mix both styles together.

These days with Hardcore trying to be like a faster EDM sound it is too far removed from it's routes to really be called Hardcore. The funny thing is I have heard of 150 BPM releases. Hard House has that and sometimes even faster.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/01/17 :  23:50:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
That wasn't a request for a load of pointless Hard house tunes.

As for the rest of your post....garbage as usual.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  00:35:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
CD 1: Al Storm
CD 2: Brisk
CD 3: Vibes

I would love to see Anabolic Frolic return, but I just can't see him outside the Happy2bHardcore series. It would be great if he would release a new Happy2bHardcore here in the States.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2019/01/18 00:37:50
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  08:27:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Believe it or not Smoogie found him!!

https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=92388

To me at least, that is an awesome classics set, better mixed than I have ever heard from the so-called Top Tier.

Yes Ben Stevens is usually a Hard House artist but like a lot of people he can branch out.

I think its embarrassing though for the scene that an outsider can come in, scoop up all the tunes and do something better with them than the scene's own leading members!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  08:28:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
CD 1: Al Storm
CD 2: Brisk
CD 3: Vibes

I would love to see Anabolic Frolic return, but I just can't see him outside the Happy2bHardcore series. It would be great if he would release a new Happy2bHardcore here in the States.

Just as much as everyone keeps taking Sharkey out of Bonkers :P

Sadly Sharkey was part of the Bonkers brand since he started it/was the brainchild behind it.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  09:15:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
The other thing I would say is, anybody doing a mix should be required to actually do it on a set of decks/CDJs with no Serato etc. - actual live mixing

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  10:29:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
That wasn't a request for a load of pointless Hard house tunes.

As for the rest of your post....garbage as usual.

Triggered!

You ever thought of posting something relevant or worthwhile?

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  10:57:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
Once again that oxygen thief smoogie pops his shit stained head and yet again still tries to brainwash us with his vomit worthy hardshite!

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  12:19:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Just ignore it, it's my fault for mentioning a HH DJ who occasionally plays classic hardcore

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/01/18 :  13:52:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah you've just added a bunch of hard house stuff to the thread and not even remotely alluded to the original topic. Try and stay focused mate. Thread cleansed.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2019/01/18 14:51:56
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/01/19 :  03:12:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The other thing I would say is, anybody doing a mix should be required to actually do it on a set of decks/CDJs with no Serato etc. - actual live mixing

YES!! Live mixing!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2019/01/19 :  09:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Yeah you've just added a bunch of hard house stuff to the thread and not even remotely alluded to the original topic. Try and stay focused mate. Thread cleansed.

He does it all the time and should be permanently banned.

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2019/01/19 :  14:37:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy
Dougal
Vibes
Kevin Energy

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/01/20 :  18:33:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
If there was to be a new album in reality, it would be quite a bit different to any of the previous albums. The sound has changed quite a bit since then but will still be some similarities IMO.

Mix 1 Hixxy & Darren Styles - would feature combination of the style Hixxy normally includes in his mixes but with addition of the Darren Styles & Tweekacore and Electric Fox tracks.

Mix 2 Scott Brown & M-Project - featuring Evolution tracks with addition of some harder tracks eg. Dutch/ Italian artists but I'd be happy with just the Evolution style on the mix.

Mix 3 Fracus & Darwin - I've not actually heard much at all from them for a while but they're big names in scene now so I'd include them. They usually do a good variation of styles and their style I think would work well for a Bonkers album.

As in previous Bonkers albums, there's normally a mix by Sharkey but as he's not producing or involved in the scene unlikely he'd do a mix. Kevin Energy would be more likely but not sure how much he's involved within the scene currently and I think there would be a limited number of new tracks available to include for a mix of this style.

Mix 4? A possibility for this mix could be one or two up and coming/ newish producers eg. Macks Wolf or anyone have some other artist suggestions?

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2019/01/20 18:35:57
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/01/20 :  19:39:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Right i'll play ball...kind of.

CD1 UK Hardcore, but kazoos are banned
CD2 Freeform but it all sounds like it was made between 1995 and 2001
CD3 Breakbeat Hardcore
CD4 ...CD4 would be a promo only 'old skool' cd. It would change each new album and feature a different major old player...but they'd only be allowed to use dubplates and promos that never saw a release, neither in a mix nor DJ Friendly; so it would be a brand new nothing has been heard before ...except maybe played out once back in 94 or some shit.
So that CD would be proper old happy hardcore...or freeform...or whatever.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2019/01/20 19:41:45

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page