Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2019/01/28 :  22:28:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Is actually an old concept versing.

What you would have is two sets of dj decks with a mixer on each set, both connected to the one sound system.

For example you have Joey Riot & Kurt on one set of decks while Gammer & Alex Prospect are on the other set.

While one team of djs is playing the other team could drop in samples, cut and scratch into the others playing track.

If the djs are skilled and know how to do it right, can be really entertaining.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - rafferty on 2019/01/28 22:31:36
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/01/29 :  01:01:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
We could all go to the Ravers Reunited Bonkers event - probably the nearest we'll get.

Some surprises on the line up.

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2019/01/30 :  01:31:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
That's pretty much exactly what I said in 2013 😂

(admittedly, I pitched 4 CDs but all as b2bs)

Everyone waited in case another Clubland Xtreme happened, instead. It didn't.

CDJay

Wasn't that the dominating scene because those who had a say simply let it be?

If peeps come to recall, I personally went to blows with Breeze over some things with HP album. Which was in parallel with HP album. What happened?

A couple of blokes (inc Hutchy?? **** knows who that tosser is?) telling me on msn that Breeze has some beef with me, that hes had a meltdown posting abuse about me over his page and then they stirred the pot even more ("sparkz" has said xyz)

As I recall, I then told Mark Breeze what a complete load of dogshit he is, was blocked and all his comments against me and the HP album were removed.

Let me say this, I saw the asslicker comments when Breeze posted slander posts towards the HP album and those termites, especially the few who then became all 2 faced asking for pellas and work with me, are on the avoid list.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/01/30 :  07:35:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
We could all go to the Ravers Reunited Bonkers event - probably the nearest we'll get.

do hixxy & dougal play new garbage, or is this like classics?

sucks when i have to question the sets at a party these days.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/01/30 :  09:48:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

Yeah, that's my worry too - supposed to be a classics set but get the feeling it'll stick around bonkers 1 and 2 for literally a couple of songs and then suddenly be straight up to 2006 onwards.

Really tempted by it because UFO/Druid/Ham...and Hixxy/Dougal/Scott Brown (if they're actually going to stick to the early bonkers at all) to be fair but the travel to get there is awkward from Cumbria (it'll be trains or buses) I think it would have needed..vinylgroover and an old skool freeform set or two in order to tip the balance for me. (music vs hotel (money) and public transport (money) whilst messy).

btw, how stabby is leicester?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/01/30 :  10:39:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Nowhere near as stabby as Birmingham or London and I've managed to escape them unscathed.

I'm tempted for the same reasons - and put off for the same too.

I can see they've tried, but it's not quite doing it for me.

At least they didn't book Mr 'No show'

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  00:52:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I think a 100% they would play stuff from their bonkers cds at a bonkers party. Otherwise it would make no sense if they played new releases.

Saying that. There is plenty of brilliant new stuff being produced by guys like Techikore & Macks Wolf etc..

Still uplifting, just an evolved fresher more intelligent sound with hardstyle riff influences.
Time to stop being an old man saying I only like the old vintage music :) We are not in 2006 anymore. Things would be so stale and dull if things never evolved.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2019/02/03 01:04:54
lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  01:21:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:There is plenty of brilliant new stuff being produced by guys like Techikore & Macks Wolf etc..

Still uplifting, just an evolved fresher more intelligent sound with hardstyle riff influences.
Time to stop being an old man saying I only like the old vintage music :) We are not in 2006 anymore. Things would be so stale and dull if things never evolved.

Many would argue that current "hardcore" got stale around 2010.

I don't even know how to respond to "more intelligent sound"...

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  06:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's my worry too - supposed to be a classics set but get the feeling it'll stick around bonkers 1 and 2 for literally a couple of songs and then suddenly be straight up to 2006 onwards.

Really tempted by it because UFO/Druid/Ham...and Hixxy/Dougal/Scott Brown (if they're actually going to stick to the early bonkers at all) to be fair but the travel to get there is awkward from Cumbria (it'll be trains or buses) I think it would have needed..vinylgroover and an old skool freeform set or two in order to tip the balance for me. (music vs hotel (money) and public transport (money) whilst messy).

btw, how stabby is leicester?

I notice that the event is at the emporium in Coalville which is a non-distinct town (aka a shitehole) outside of Leicester (also a shitehole) and not the easiest to get to by public transport. I remember going to an Uproar event at this very same venue back in 2005 and having one of the worst nights out of my life. The place was packed full to the rafters with complete cretins looking for trouble. Im sure things are different these days but id never go back based on that experience.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  11:48:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
We hold annual Bonkers events here in Glasgow & Hixxy & Dougal play 90% happy hardcore classics, tbf they both always ask what we want played (era not specific tracks), tends not to be much upfront stuff from anyone although we had Re-Style finishing at last one (Gabber having a big market in Glasgow) & he played alot of old skool dutch stuff remixed into upfront gabber & it worked really well, although as I said Glasgow is alot harder than the rest of the UK.

DJ Bounce

United Kingdom
344 posts
DJ Bounce is verified hardcore artist DJ Bounce has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  12:15:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Bounce's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
We hold annual Bonkers events here in Glasgow & Hixxy & Dougal play 90% happy hardcore classics, tbf they both always ask what we want played (era not specific tracks), tends not to be much upfront stuff from anyone although we had Re-Style finishing at last one (Gabber having a big market in Glasgow) & he played alot of old skool dutch stuff remixed into upfront gabber & it worked really well, although as I said Glasgow is alot harder than the rest of the UK.

The Re-Style one looked banging!

DJ Bounce

United Kingdom
344 posts
DJ Bounce is verified hardcore artist DJ Bounce has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/02/03 :  12:16:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Bounce's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
Wasn't that the dominating scene because those who had a say simply let it be?

If peeps come to recall, I personally went to blows with Breeze over some things with HP album. Which was in parallel with HP album. What happened?

A couple of blokes (inc Hutchy?? **** knows who that tosser is?) telling me on msn that Breeze has some beef with me, that hes had a meltdown posting abuse about me over his page and then they stirred the pot even more ("sparkz" has said xyz)

As I recall, I then told Mark Breeze what a complete load of dogshit he is, was blocked and all his comments against me and the HP album were removed.

Let me say this, I saw the asslicker comments when Breeze posted slander posts towards the HP album and those termites, especially the few who then became all 2 faced asking for pellas and work with me, are on the avoid list.

I remember that palaver haha! Breeze spat the dummy big time!

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/02/15 :  17:42:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
nothing will ever be as good as the first 6 bonkers cd's

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2019/02/15 :  18:15:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

i was at ravers in november for the black party classics event, and was rather disappointed at the 'classics' they played then, was hoping for fires in the sky and other tunes from that era. but no, more like 2006 onwards as you say, which i dont dislike at all but was hoping for 1 or two 2002/3/4 tracks chucked in.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/02/17 :  19:19:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Change is a funny one..

Dutch Hardcore / Gabber has hardly changed a jot in almost 2 decades...yet still packed out arenas.

Hmmm, what gabber do you listen to! could say the gabber scene is just like the uk hardcore scene ( are whatever you want to call it) can obviously get some quality tracks these days, but when you listen back to the older stuff, you know the score!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page