of 4

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  06:06:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm still wondering if Sharkey isn't much much more worse than Gammer...

The only thing that would put Gammer back on top is if Sharkey comes back, releases the rest of his backcat that he can. Even if he just ****s off afterwards would put him lower down on my list.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2019/02/22 06:07:23
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  06:13:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

The only thing that would put Gammer back on top is if Sharkey comes back, releases the rest of his backcat that he can. Even if he just ****s off afterwards would put him lower down on my list.

What did Sharkey do to piss everyone off ?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  06:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

What did Sharkey do to piss everyone off ?

He's dissapeared twice when it comes to his Completionist project for Hardcore Underground.

Not to mention the meltdown he had back when Hardcore Energy was pirated, and he and Kevin Energy began blaming the fans for it...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/02/23 :  09:25:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
He released or promised to release his entire catalogue ? But disappeared beforehand ?

As soon as producers / dj's etc turn on the people that made them, its game over really. It would be that way in any genre.

Shame really I always liked Sharkey, and he's normally got a good attitude to the scene.

Seems it's gotten to most of them in the end.

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/02/25 :  21:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:

I like how they make them rave in a wavepool, less likely to hold their stupid phones up in the air. maybe a touch of unintentional genius from the HTID crew.

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2019/03/02 :  22:53:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
I dont get DJ's leaving a scene, I mean its been a big part of his life for 20 years and made him famous now he's too cool for it ?, I play all kinds of music, why does becoming interested in other music mean you have to completely forget where you came from ? probably advice from his manager to get more bookings.

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/03/02 :  23:44:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
the first things you fall in love with will always drag you back at some point so give it time and Gamma will come back to the core,
- I mean, I'm back here after a long time and all I wanna say is, sorry to everyone for my whining and moaning during the mid 2000's. so yeah sorry. cause I listen to 'hardcore' now, and wish it was back to the 2000's sound.... well, really I wish it was back to the 1990's sound but the 2000's sound wasn't so bad after all... maybe it's aged like a fine wine for me... no idea haha.

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/03/02 :  23:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not saying hardcore's dying out (cause who knows what's around the corner for this scene) but do I think one of the problems was the "big boys" not letting smaller boys (and girls... suppose I gotta be PC nowadays) into the scene REGARDS TO SETS ON THE NIGHT. Listen to these mixes.. it's all very inclusive. I love Scott brown but how many of his mixes were basically just his own tunes and a few friends... then listen to a Sy set, how many tunes were just Quash records etc etc.... it was this "the big boys" in the scene that can dry out a scene of new talent (from a dj/producer perspective, not the punters) ... you know what I mean? or am I just talkin bollocks again lol.

ok this should probably be in some sort of scene retrospective thread but F it

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  19:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
So has gammer completely left the hardcore scene then? haven't heard much of him in years, but heard people complaining about his music on here, making dub-core or electro-core or both! can't remember, and didn't even bother myself to watch the video lol

sterichie26

United Kingdom
471 posts
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  19:47:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sterichie26's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
So has gammer completely left the hardcore scene then? haven't heard much of him in years, but heard people complaining about his music on here, making dub-core or electro-core or both! can't remember, and didn't even bother myself to watch the video lol

Yes mate, Gammer has washed his hands off the scene and proceeds to make the shite he is making now. Always wondered that if it didnt work out for him in his new genre would he ever come crawling back to the Hardcore scene ? I personally think he is a shithouse but one vocal hook and an uplifting riff and i dont think it would take much for him to be established in the scene again.

But for now now he has vacated the scene. Also really riles me that he gets a lot of lovely comments online and doesnt acknowledge hardly any, but post something negative or just your opinion and he is all over it like a rash being a total toss pot.

Anyway the whole TWR debacle was enough for me, ****ed a lot of people over who paid for his releases and supported the label and just did one without so much as an explanation.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  20:00:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sterichie26:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:

Yes mate, Gammer has washed his hands off the scene and proceeds to make the shite he is making now. Always wondered that if it didnt work out for him in his new genre would he ever come crawling back to the Hardcore scene ? I personally think he is a shithouse but one vocal hook and an uplifting riff and i dont think it would take much for him to be established in the scene again.

But for now now he has vacated the scene. Also really riles me that he gets a lot of lovely comments online and doesnt acknowledge hardly any, but post something negative or just your opinion and he is all over it like a rash being a total toss pot.

Anyway the whole TWR debacle was enough for me, ****ed a lot of people over who paid for his releases and supported the label and just did one without so much as an explanation.

Yeah i know about and can remember together we rise, but i thought breeze was behind and run that? but when it actually comes to gammers tracks don't know the last 1 i heard, actually came across a styles,dougal & gammer track on youtube a few months back on monstercat, was absoulutely terrible! don't even know if it was hardcore! but i noticed in the comments someone said it wasn't styles, gammer & dougal who done the track, but none the less it was shite!

sterichie26

United Kingdom
471 posts
Posted - 2019/03/10 :  20:23:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sterichie26's homepage  Reply with quote
Too true mate, what we once knew as UK hardcore or Happy Hardcore is sadly being diluted by this trappy dubby EDM style shite which is AWFUL !

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2019/06/01 :  04:26:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
He was the wonderkid of the genre for a long time, and that huge fanbase put him in the spotlight every time his style changed. When he did evolve his music, he got a lot of stick (from everyone, including/especially us) and no one can really know how to handle that attention.

I think he's someone who genuinely loves what he does, and loves achieving personal goals with it. I think he found it very difficult to integrate in a community that was very polarised about him and his public relations.

He's enjoying himself and achieving far more than even he imagined and that enjoyment should reflect naturally in his music. He's no longer trying to impress with it, he's no longer trying to wind people up with it. Happy ending.

Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2019/06/13 :  21:26:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Anon.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Gammer is a snowflake that is all

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/06/14 :  06:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Gammer is playing on (I assume) the dubstep stage at TommorrowLand, so he's doing just fine off the backs of the hardcore people who made him.

Personally I hope he falls off the stage. He's a prick, always was.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page