Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/06/21 :  13:28:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Got delayed by the aforementioned audio issues but all three cds should ship tail end of next week. Will have a firm delivery date for btr and vinyls too!

(no fainting) 😂

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - CDJay on 2019/06/21 13:29:43
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2019/06/21 :  14:57:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
BTR - wooooo!

That 4k BD player isn't a waste of money after all

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/06/21 :  15:20:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
When Blu the roof arrives I'm not even going to open it. Just going to sleep with it under my pillow for the rest of my life.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/06/21 :  15:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Got delayed by the aforementioned audio issues but all three cds should ship tail end of next week. Will have a firm delivery date for btr and vinyls too!

(no fainting) 😂

CDJay

lol. i tried to convince my buudy the other day the delay is better. like i dont even remember the sets now, this is much more interesting.

Freecloud
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2019/06/27 :  23:51:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Freecloud's homepage  Reply with quote
So I think it's been close to 3 years since I paid for the blu the roof hardcore heaven bundle. Is it time for a refund?

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  00:23:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Freecloud:
So I think it's been close to 3 years since I paid for the blu the roof hardcore heaven bundle. Is it time for a refund?

According to today's HU email, preorders will ship August 31 and Kickstarter backers will receive it well before.

Freecloud
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  02:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Freecloud's homepage  Reply with quote
Ya I have a whole folder of emails from their support promising its shipping soon. They have been lieing and stealing peoples money for 4 years.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  07:49:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Stop talking out of your arse

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  09:03:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Ya I have a whole folder of emails from their support promising its shipping soon. They have been lieing and stealing peoples money for 4 years.

If you were a Kickstarter backer then even if any project you back comes to nothing there is no obligation from either Kickstarter or the people running the project to return any funds.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005048173-Can-Kickstarter-refund-the-money-if-a-project-is-unable-to-fulfill-

If you pre-ordered it from the store, just ask for your money back without posting it on a public forum. If they refuse and you exhaust all avenues to resolve the situation then at a very big stretch you could say they stole from you but you wouldn't garner yourself much if any support shouting the odds about it.

TL:DR Stop talking out of your arse

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  12:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
No-one is more sorry about the delays than I. It was my idea, I've shepherded it, and ultimately the blame is entirely on me.

That said.....

We did the filming in 2015, it became clear quite quickly that the sheer size of the files and work required meant Xmas 2015 was absolutely impractical. We'd spent almost the entirety of funds on filming, figuring the ultimate project costs (at this point intended to be a simple home grown blu ray). This was heavily compounded by a sudden premises move (my first since 99) which meant the room we needed for multichannel audio was ripped to pieces. It was mid 2016 before we got the room up and running again.

By the end of 2016 things looked really good, all the editing had been done and we'd got ready to ship the first Hardcore Heaven album. It was around then that HTID was sold, and it became very clear that we (HU/F&D) were not going to factor into any of their plans. This caused no end of internal hand wringing. Due to the already seismic length of the delay, it was decided to use our incredibly high quality assets to overdeliver and move to a 4k/HDR workflow. We'd delivered the Gammer/Whizzkid set to them both at a Ravers Reunited and waited over a month for sign off. Then Gammer essentially told me to piss off, forever, when chased. That set contains a fair few things that need clearing, one of which is actually unclearable under *any circumstances*

In April 2017, I managed to scale up the significant monies to get the grading done @ Technicolor and take our 7.1 stems and rework into Atmos at Point1Post. Knowing we'd still have a significant lead time with authoring I setup a cinema premiere (it's very easy to fold a Rec2020 HDR grade into DCI-P3) to demonstrate the essential completion of the project. This was when we figured it was done, and put the BTR/HH2 bundle up for pre-sale.

At this premiere the video was fantastic, but the audio wasn't. It was clear something had gone wrong. We had to halt the manufacturing workflow and investigate. After continued non contact it was also decided to remove the Gammer set from the disc itself.

HH2 had slightly underperformed, thanks to a reduction in industry support, and we didn't have many projects left. It was clear we'd still need at least another ?10k to get it reauthored, fix the audio, get the BBFC Video certificate and then manufacture.

That's when I decided to do the Sharkey album. This took until, literally, Dec 22nd. Ganar kicked off on the 23rd. A continual barrage of slanderous ill informed crap was unleashed exactly at the moment I was most burned out. Nonetheless, we got the audio fixed at the start of the year and arranged another Stateside premiere to demonstrate progress. The day of collection for shipping, the PSU for the DCP exploded. I then had to go down to Technicolor again, and get another DCP created (at no small cost). This then had to be shipped same day to San Francisco with causal loss insurance. That was a larger cost. The premiere went fine, and all audio issues reported resolved.

Ganar continued. By March 2018 I had a full blown mental breakdown. Other projects weren't being actioned, cash flow diminished. The label was looking likely to shut down. The person who set Ganar on us had also spent years behind the scenes blame shifting his own practices and undermining us on all sides. The damage to every aspect of our business and minds is incalculable. I went on holiday, my first in many moons. Then I got home and found out my house insurance had lapsed (annual renewal) and two jackdaws had got down the chimney, behind the projector screen, and beat themselves to death whilst defecating everywhere. 29k of damage. I got the room up and running again a month ago.

Nonetheless, we kept on keeping on LARGELY so we could deliver. Even if that meant HU then folded and F&D went off to do something else none of us wanted to leave this unfinished. It is worth noting that a LOT of KS projects are late, and a fair few fail to deliver. The whole point of KS is to enable people to do something otherwise unlikely to happen. There's no doubt that we underestimated the demands, then I introduced scope creep, but as anyone at the cinema premieres will tell you it IS by far the best example of anything like it. I've never mentioned this before, but back when first grading we had interest from Netflix which would have been a "game changer". C'est la vie.

We've piloted the ship back on course to the point that not only can we deliver BTR reliably (I've built in lots of extra time, but I'm more than confident that we've got everything right and ready) but HU itself will survive. Hell, it might even thrive with what we're doing later in the year and beyond. For now, we're ALL entirely aware this has been a yoke around our neck, a stick used to beat us with, and literally no-one else who was supposed to be involved in the project has done ANYTHING yet get harangued not a jot.

If you want a refund, that's fine, but we've committed to a specific release window for a reason. It's done. It'll be back before the mooted date.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2019/06/28 12:41:33
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  12:55:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
That's quite a sobering read.

Damn you and your honesty!

I'll put money on the fools complaining (liars and thieves, really?) being the same people who blindly follow those false prophets who give precisely zero ****s about their fans and the scene that made them.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  13:14:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Weird; typing it makes me want to down vodka!

You can tell I'm back on form, simply because I survived doing the JAL bundle. There's loads of cool stuff lined up later in the year (HH LA is just the start....) and whilst we're very keen to archive the historical labels and present them as best we're nonetheless going to have another 2016ish upfront push at year end. A triumvirate of projects that may yet resurrect the slumbering corpse of a scene we currently occupy. We'll see. Worth a last go, I say Something fun to end the year, too.

CDJay

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  15:21:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, Jon, I had literally little to no idea you had to go through this. I can't even imagine the amount of stress you went through.

But as you're stubborn, and now, it's shown that HU is doing some amazing things (I like the complete bundle ideas, even if I might not be able to buy them) - and you managed to survive this wave, like Rambo.

We can expect great projects in future from Hardcore Underground. Just stop involving people that cause drama, and INVOLVE more the artists that are dedicated. I'm ready for it.

Edited by - danielseven on 2019/06/28 15:22:26
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  16:28:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Can you read?

Go talk shit to Gammer, like a normal person.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/06/28 :  22:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds like you've been through a lot CDJay! If you're ever in Houston you can stay for free at my place.

Could you do another backer survey before you ship? I was still in college when I signed up for this and I've moved three times since then. I have no clue what address I put on there but I've had other hardcore albums get shipped to the wrong place.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page