Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2018/07/17 :  11:09:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
I wonder if they've put the Fade & Bananaman remix on?

Definitely isnt that one, thats a little harder to source .. though there may be a Fade & Bananathology coming .. or maybe a silk cuts .. who knows what wonders might appear! ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2018/07/17 :  11:32:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
Fade & Bananathology

Bananamanthology, surely.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2018/07/17 :  11:33:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
F&B AND Silk Cuts

You HAVE to do it!! Have to. I would pay you now just to secure mine, so happy I am with the 2 so far!!

Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2018/07/17 :  22:18:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
Would love a Fade and Bananaman album. Not too fussed about a Silk Cuts one. I only liked a handful of the tracks.
But a Fade & Bananaman / JHAL / Evolve album would be great. I remember Darren working on it last year. Hell, I remember back in 2013 him saying it was coming soon lol.

Would be great to get digital copies of A Dream Surprise, Sugar & Spice, Without You, Please Be Mine etc. And their amazing remixes of Calypso, Hardcore Fever, Come and Follow Me etc.

Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2018/07/27 :  06:05:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
What version of Come & Follow Me is on the album? It's not the same as Bonkers 3.

It's actually just the DJ Stompy mix that was released via HTSE Records. There's a Brisk remix on the flip.

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/07/28 :  11:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
Really enjoying both of these releases, top work!

lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2018/10/24 :  15:17:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage  Reply with quote
I bought the DJ Stompy anthology and really loved it for the most part. Listening with my headphones, about half of them sounded a bit muffled though. Were these taken from MP3s or something? The audio quality on track #2, for example, is quite low.

Spectrogram of the WAV file from HU's store: https://i.imgur.com/mWE2KBK.png

Very low shelf cutoff there. Stompy's soundcloud says they're "digitally remastered" but... is there any possibility of getting the proper versions?

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2018/10/24 :  19:03:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
I bought the DJ Stompy anthology and really loved it for the most part. Listening with my headphones, about half of them sounded a bit muffled though. Were these taken from MP3s or something? The audio quality on track #2, for example, is quite low.

Spectrogram of the WAV file from HU's store: https://i.imgur.com/mWE2KBK.png

Very low shelf cutoff there. Stompy's soundcloud says they're "digitally remastered" but... is there any possibility of getting the proper versions?

I believe most of them were sourced from the original DAT tapes. There's only so much you can do to a 20+ year old sound file recording

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/10/28 :  16:41:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Some were sourced from a CD I got from Stompy in 99 (!), but the one you mentioned is direct from DAT albeit recorded nearly a decade ago.

We're very, very, far beyond a sensible point to be cataloguing stuff from 20+ years ago.

Whenever possible, particularly if an issue is identified, we will always try to source another variant. It, increasingly, won't always be.

The most irritating thing is I essentially started doing this back in the early noughties, but then ended up running a label focused on "upfront" stuff and the "oldskool" tag was being used to beat us. Along with D&B. Or Freeform. Or whatever would mask the obvious fact we were far more interesting, better, and right more often than not

I haven't had as direct an influence over most of these releases, bar the Stompy CD I had, and the one I'm currently working on, but Al Storm is one of the very few people who I'd trust to supply the best possible variant at any given time.

I'll do some digging, but it really might be a case of "this is the best there is, or ever will be"

(I *love* Magic Moments, too, FYI)

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,074 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/10/28 :  17:28:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Where did the guys behind Beats 24/7 get most of their stock, back in 2005?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/10/28 :  17:49:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Hah!

Most was digitally sourced, *but* there were glitches ahoy (I know this, as I was getting Ruffage to fix loads of them, for my own sanity, and then I'd send them back to Slipmatt/Slam to hopefully replace the glitched variant)

Also, very crucially, it was primarily "large" catalogues (Vibes, Stage One) which is why there was at least some consistency with source and supply.. See also: 15 years ago. Every *single* CDR I have from that era has degraded and will no longer read even with recovery services.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2018/10/28 17:50:40
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,074 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/10/29 :  05:47:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
crap, I guess I should try re-ripping the ones I have before they die completely :P

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/10/29 :  09:10:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Really, really do. Even archival grade ones could fail by now!

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,074 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/10/29 :  11:25:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
For how long are bought CD's supposed to last? I ripped a few from 1996 just a few weeks ago and had no problems

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/10/29 :  11:31:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"proper" cds, ie glass mastered, should last decades. Cdrs can degrade in a few years, never mind decades.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page