Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Team Runner
Starting Member

Spain
16 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  15:36:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Team Runner's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Dawn:
I think one of the most overlooked positive / fascinating aspects of Makina is the way the DJs mix. As a DJ I am of course more interested in that than many others but it is very common for Makina DJs to use three or even four (vinyl!) decks at the same time.

In many of the videos, you will see two decks playing (on air) while the DJ is dancing, looking for the next records or cueing it up to mix with. All this while keeping two decks in sync.

Carl Cox was know to do this and called the "three deck wizard" for it, and in spain there are many very little know DJs who do the same, and with ease! If you look at the discussion about DJ Vibes' mixing skills it becomes even more clear. I have also seen many well known DJs that have a hard time keeping only two vinyls together for one transition thats longer than 20 seconds. The Makina guys have records playing together for minutes and work with a third (or fourth) record on top of that! The results are sometimes a bit strange to listen to at first (often, there is one melodic records and a noisy/squeaky records on top), but technically it is very fascinating. Especially if you think how f*cked up some of the guys are while doing it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgC7gtRKEjk&list=PLD2AE14C4AE195D10&index=37

there is a good example of how hard Pastis works while playing. total respect from here :D

Yes this is true.

What I most love in sessions is that the dj has a 2 deck mix (tune + base) playing through the speakers and another 2 deck mix (tune + base) through the headpones, and the dj plays with them -> with the 2 deck trhough the speakers he plays with the base or the tune of the headphones, it's amazing and it's one of the few genres that is mixed in that way.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Team Runner
Starting Member

Spain
16 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  15:38:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Team Runner's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
OH don't get me started on that. The Last few livesets I've heard (on youtube] that uses 3+ decks where horrendous, but that didnt stop people from enjoying it I guess :P

yes yes, 3 deck playing at the same time is ugly as f*ck, but we (i think) say is 2 deck playing and 1 or 2 on the headphones, and play with these, never 3 at the same time

Team Runner
Starting Member

Spain
16 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  15:49:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Team Runner's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Anyways, I wont stop mixing makina into my Brittish Hardcore sets, just like I always mix Freeform and Gabber :)

I think uk hardcore, hardstyle (pitch up), and makina and all those genres mix very well, even music genres that are not one of those can mix well :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  16:49:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Team Runner:
quote:
OH don't get me started on that. The Last few livesets I've heard (on youtube] that uses 3+ decks where horrendous, but that didnt stop people from enjoying it I guess :P

yes yes, 3 deck playing at the same time is ugly as f*ck, but we (i think) say is 2 deck playing and 1 or 2 on the headphones, and play with these, never 3 at the same time

I did not mean at the same time, tho who is stopping them? :)

There's only a few hardstyle tracks I can count one five fingers (ok only one finger) that I actually like, because it's just dutch hardcore slowed down anyways.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Meke
Average Member

Finland
188 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  17:20:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meke's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I did not mean at the same time, tho who is stopping them? :)

There's only a few hardstyle tracks I can count one five fingers (ok only one finger) that I actually like, because it's just dutch hardcore slowed down anyways.

I think he is meaning oldskool hardstyle tracks that Spanish makina DJs speeded up and are used as "base" tracks. Those are near to Spanish "base" tracks, only bpm is different. Nowdays hardstyle is whole much different thing than it used to be in early 2000.

Here is example of oldskool hardstyle track.

And here DJ Pastis is using track above as a base track

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  17:37:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I hate the Base tracks so you know why i wouldnt like hardstyle either ;)

Meke
Average Member

Finland
188 posts
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  17:42:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meke's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I hate the Base tracks so you know why i wouldnt like hardstyle either ;)

Oh, i see :D No worry then.
I myself like like acid base tracks cause they resembles me some of 90s acid tracks.

Anyway here is pretty nice makina track.

Edited by - Meke on 2013/07/15 17:51:26
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/15 :  17:55:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
And for you spanish people. is Maquina the same as Makina, as a different way of spelling or pronouncing it. Or is it completly different?

nantk

Spain
69 posts
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  11:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nantk's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
And for you spanish people. is Maquina the same as Makina, as a different way of spelling or pronouncing it. Or is it completly different?

we pronounce them in the same way

Team Runner
Starting Member

Spain
16 posts
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  18:03:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Team Runner's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
quote:

we pronounce them in the same way

Yes its spelled the same but it has not the same meaning, maquina is spanish techno pre 1994 and makina what started about in 1994 with tracks like The First rebirth and outside world, they were the inspiration of the initial Makina

and about acid Makina, Meke, give a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI17wV2GcNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxHYuB8WMc

oh, spanish rap plus uk hardcore (lethal..):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcTjN24zU1M

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  19:29:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Good to know :)

Alos, here's a mix I did with a few Denver tracks:

Team Runner
Starting Member

Spain
16 posts
Posted - 2013/07/17 :  14:42:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Team Runner's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Wich kind of music genre is Denver? The tunes on the mix sound cool!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/07/17 :  17:46:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

He's a norwegian guy who has produced a few Makina tracks for UAM. He called himself DJ Peryton aswell.

nantk

Spain
69 posts
Posted - 2013/08/11 :  18:05:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nantk's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

He's a norwegian guy who has produced a few Makina tracks for UAM. He called himself DJ Peryton aswell.

havent heard dj peryton lol

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/08/12 :  06:06:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by nantk:
havent heard dj peryton lol

He wasn't a big player, just a little fella making music at home. I haven't seen anything from him for 2-3 years now

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page