Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Mid 2000s to late 2000s hardcore buzz
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2018/04/11 :  19:36:22  Show profile Send a private message
Gone lot quiet after imo

Maybe with regular joes, talk about nostalgia.

However are things kind of underground with hardcore atm?

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/04/11 :  19:48:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
I think the biggest thing hardcore has going for it right now, is all the old skool hardcore being produced... not sure if that is good or bad :p

I wouldn't say things are as " underground" as they are downright dead. Atleast here. I bet in the UK you can still attend a quality hardcore show ( musically?) but no idea on general vibes, and of course nothing ever really matches the nostalgia meter...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2018/04/11 :  20:24:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
Well i'm probably thinking on a commercial line.

Compilations were non-ending throughout the 2000s with the retro stuff and new stuff.

However, i only mentioned this as for some reason over here we've had a lot of retro comps come out with the drum n bass, jungle etc

Should really cash in with some MOS comps on the genre atm as they seem king atm with stuff

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/04/12 :  21:42:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Hardcore just went stale in the end and no one knew what to do with it anymore.

These days Hard House rules the underground with constant releases being put out by some very talented producers and a lot of people are getting into the scene. Hard House really picked up again after 2012

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/04/13 :  07:46:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Its difficult to imagine hardcore ever getting back to the heights experienced in the mid to late noughties. Things have changed too much both within Hardcore and music in general.

Personally, my journey with hardcore is done. I still come on here occasionally and sometimes Ill listen to some old tunes on long car journeys, but thats it. Even if it were to gain a lot of popularity again, nothing can compare to those days in my eyes.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/04/13 :  09:46:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Its difficult to imagine hardcore ever getting back to the heights experienced in the mid to late noughties. Things have changed too much both within Hardcore and music in general.

Personally, my journey with hardcore is done. I still come on here occasionally and sometimes Ill listen to some old tunes on long car journeys, but thats it. Even if it were to gain a lot of popularity again, nothing can compare to those days in my eyes.

I am all for Hard House these days. I listen to some Old Skool Hardcore now and then but Hard House is the way forward. I shared some of my mixes to someone who was part of our local raver's crew and they said 'I wish all this stuff came out ten years ago!'

In other words, Hard House is filling out the void that Hardcore left when it went soft.

I mean there is even a Hard House version of Heart of Gold out now!

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/13 :  20:59:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Hardcore was sure at its peak from late 2004 onwards then from late 2008 it all slowed down the likes of Infinity Silvers label never distributed any tunes again.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/04/13 :  21:17:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Hardcore was sure at its peak from late 2004 onwards then from late 2008 it all slowed down the likes of Infinity Silvers label never distributed any tunes again.

for me , that was def it. gettin into E & hardcore in high school during that period , and just vibin.

*sighs*

ah well, clubland party here I come!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/04/13 :  22:59:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Hardcore just went stale in the end and no one knew what to do with it anymore.

These days Hard House rules the underground with constant releases being put out by some very talented producers and a lot of people are getting into the scene. Hard House really picked up again after 2012

Yawn.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/14 :  09:41:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

for me , that was def it. gettin into E & hardcore in high school during that period , and just vibin.

*sighs*

ah well, clubland party here I come!

Listen to the Hardcore from those years I mentioned well I would anyway.

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2018/04/14 :  16:06:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage
On the plus side Hardcore usually gets better when it goes back underground, there are still good tracks being released, its the lack of decent Raves that's probably more concerning.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/14 :  16:23:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
It?s also great Executive Records is still going with their releases which is a big positive.

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/04/14 :  20:11:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ A.K.:
On the plus side Hardcore usually gets better when it goes back underground, there are still good tracks being released, its the lack of decent Raves that's probably more concerning.

I'm really hoping this is the case. The period in 2000-2002 was exciting in terms of the records being released (although there were fewer). But yeah, the lack of events is a worrisome thing.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2018/04/20 :  04:16:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:

Couldn't have said it better.

I was patient and gave the scene plenty of chances but things have only gotten worse.

I just went through a bunch of music from this year and not a thing came close to even an average weekly release back in 2007/08. All I got from it is that even the hold-outs like Technikore have gone full edmcore now. Didn't find a single track that I would pay for. I guess it's the end of the line for me too.

I've already gone through the five stages of grief, mostly on this forum.

Denial: "Electrocore is just a fad. Everything will be back to normal soon."
Anger: "Why is hardcore so ****ing bad at the moment?"
Bargaining: "I suppose diversity is okay as long as producers occasionally throw us a bone."
Depression: "It's just sad that a handful of people determine what everyone else produces."
Acceptance: "Too much time has passed. The scene has changed irrevocably. Nobody wants to produce '00s hardcore anymore and even if they did, it would sound out of place, and even if it didn't, nobody would listen to it. What I loved doesn't exist anymore."

"Its difficult to imagine hardcore ever getting back to the heights experienced in the mid to late noughties."
I just realised that I actually can't.

Mid-to-late '00s hardcore becoming popular was basically lightning striking. It's not going to happen again.

"Things have changed too much both within Hardcore and music in general."
Perfectly put. The mainstream dance scene at the time was very much positioned to support good hardcore. The fans that flooded into the scene were almost all casual top 40 listeners with no real devotion to hardcore whatsoever, which is why it was quick and easy to curtail at the end of the decade. The idea of "reinventing" the genre by just copying the new chart stuff failed (several times) because dance music has degenerated over time too. If you copy shit, you get shit.

Edited by - Elliott on 2018/04/20 04:50:07
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,183 posts
Posted - 2018/04/20 :  06:41:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Good to see you mate, I hope you're well!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/20 :  07:00:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
What makes it worse is some popular labels dont even distribute the tunes anymore like Infinity 10 years since their last release.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page