of 3

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/04/20 :  08:44:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
What makes it worse is some popular labels dont even distribute the tunes anymore like Infinity 10 years since their last release.

Well. Either you're blind or you don't check things properly

Infinity (but mostly new Infinity) Is still being distributed;
https://www.junodownload.com/labels/Infinity+Recordings

If you're wondering why some tracks aren't there (especially the japanese stuff), it's because Silver doesn't have the licenses to distribute them any longer.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2018/04/20 08:45:32
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/20 :  11:08:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
What makes it worse is some popular labels dont even distribute the tunes anymore like Infinity 10 years since their last release.

Well. Either you're blind or you don't check things properly

Infinity (but mostly new Infinity) Is still being distributed;
https://www.junodownload.com/labels/Infinity+Recordings

If you're wondering why some tracks aren't there (especially the japanese stuff), it's because Silver doesn't have the licenses to distribute them any longer.

Oh I see I remember it know Silver said about it on another thread I started about Infinity Recordings.

Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  08:54:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore has gone through it's phases...with the 90s happy hardcore, to the 2000's ukhardcore/trancecore, and now this modern electro/edm hardcore. Although not all of it is bad, I can't say I really like the direction hardcore is going in as of late. That's okay though, because hardcore will evolve once again into something different..even though it might take a while. For now, I am just going to spin and produce the music that I want to hear the way I want to hear it.

And regarding the parties, here in Toronto Canada, we've been having about 1 a month on average, sometimes more.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  13:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Losing some of the best producers has taken a big hit too the likes of Frisky & Hujib best from Canada has Milo retired too haven?t heard anything from him for ages.

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  18:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont buy much hardcore these days outside of the odd Hardcore underground album.

Yesterday I went on track it down for the first time in ages and the amount of shite / utter dross that passes for hardcore is unbelievable. Anyone can make music these days and thats part of the problem. dj joe bloggs bangs out a track after track with no regard to if its any good.

At least vinyl controlled to some extent what was good enough to release due to cost. Hardcore is going down hill rapid at the moment. We still rely of the old crew to produce the better music. where is the actual talent or drive that producers had in the 90's and Naughties?

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  19:56:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
I dont buy much hardcore these days outside of the odd Hardcore underground album.

Yesterday I went on track it down for the first time in ages and the amount of shite / utter dross that passes for hardcore is unbelievable. Anyone can make music these days and thats part of the problem. dj joe bloggs bangs out a track after track with no regard to if its any good.

At least vinyl controlled to some extent what was good enough to release due to cost. Hardcore is going down hill rapid at the moment. We still rely of the old crew to produce the better music. where is the actual talent or drive that producers had in the 90's and Naughties?

Where is the drive? Over in Hard House, that is where the drive is!

Just done another two hour set today and it is full of Hard House slammers with a lot of Old Skool influences. I even have the Heart Of Gold remake in there as well as well as a lot of filth!

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  20:05:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage  Reply with quote
I dabbled with Hard House in around 2000/2001 when it was quite big, can't say ive heard anything recent hard house related I lost intrest as its not really that fun to mix though it has some elements I like.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  20:15:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Hard house has been on it's arse for years, and repeating yourself isn't going to change that.

It's going through the same 'every man and his dog is producing It' period that Hardcore has recently. Meaning a few decent tunes rise above the shite.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  21:02:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Hard house has been on it's arse for years, and repeating yourself isn't going to change that.

It's going through the same 'every man and his dog is producing It' period that Hardcore has recently. Meaning a few decent tunes rise above the shite.

Funny I see it different to that

Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2018/04/26 :  21:43:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what is hot in the hardcore scene right now in terms of tracks or artists? After the bonkers CD's stopped at 17, it hasn't been easy to keep up. I've heard a few upfront cotts mixes to get an idea...only newish hardcore I've been following is fracus and darwin which I adore. Not big on the new gammer...a real shame.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2018/04/27 :  06:34:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Funny I see it different to that

Funny, nobody really cares

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/27 :  08:54:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icewind:
Can anyone tell me what is hot in the hardcore scene right now in terms of tracks or artists? After the bonkers CD's stopped at 17, it hasn't been easy to keep up. I've heard a few upfront cotts mixes to get an idea...only newish hardcore I've been following is fracus and darwin which I adore. Not big on the new gammer...a real shame.

I am not big on Gammer either he sucks bad the likes of DJ Impact, Haze and Weaver are the real deal.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2018/04/28 :  10:19:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
I might start doing what smoogie is doing, hanging around a forum which is dedicated to music i carnt stand and keep repeating every 5 mins that hard house is the place to be. No one gives a shit about hard house and for those who do theres a 'music discussion - other genre' section. What a melt!

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/04/28 :  15:40:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore and Hard House don?t match I?d literally be bored of listening to that rubbish.

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2018/04/28 :  16:41:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icewind:
Hardcore has gone through it's phases...with the 90s happy hardcore, to the 2000's ukhardcore/trancecore, and now this modern electro/edm hardcore. Although not all of it is bad, I can't say I really like the direction hardcore is going in as of late. That's okay though, because hardcore will evolve once again into something different..even though it might take a while. For now, I am just going to spin and produce the music that I want to hear the way I want to hear it.

And regarding the parties, here in Toronto Canada, we've been having about 1 a month on average, sometimes more.

Basically once Tommy and George stopped throwing parties I stopped going up. The first Heart Of Gold was my first rave ever, outside of Defqon, and I'm very glad I noticed the event (no idea how as I wasn't on FB yet - needing to get ahold of people I met at the rave who constantly changed, or wouldn't have, a phone number - but I saw it) as I met loads of friends I'll be close to for hopefully decades to come, but once Timmy started getting big into politics and working for Bernie and now for the NDP and Total Request Rave 10 isn't happening anytime soon, and George ended the HoG series l just stopped going.

If TRR 10 ever happens I'll go back up, or if there's a cheap F&D show ( they played a 2 hour set at a 15$ party back in December) I'll come back up, but they all got much smaller when the above two stopped throwing parties, and it's a lot of money for me to go up to Toronto.

That F&D show was my last one but before that it has been like 2 years since June 2016.

Hardcore kinda of took a dip in the very late 2000's but the early 2010' picked up heavily again, but that was mostly the HU guys as a bunch of big labels stopped releasing around then. It also clearly was a just a stopgap for a few years as that momentum seems to have died down and all were left with is the same 10 guys releasing the same, EDM modelled hardcore. I hate the Harsrtyle synths in the main riffs now and the shitty mainstream big room house, floaty synths they're all using now. Horrible description of the sound these days but everyone knows what I'm talking about.

There was a worry in the early 2010's that if we didn't get any new producers who could actually take over the mantle from the old guard that in 10, 15 years hardcore will be 100% dead, but since the old guard doesn't seem like they're willing the hand the reins over, and with no incentive for new producers to entire the scene (Orbit 1 was one of the best new producers we had and both him and Inverse left, Ham left and he was at the top...).

Toronto had 3000 people at hardcore raves when Anabolic Frolic was still around, the early 2000's had about 1200 people filled into The Opera House. The biggest Heart of Gold and TRR's recently only had like 6-800 people, and those two were the biggest we had by a long shot.

****, Coone had 54!!!!! people at the Opera House back 4-5 years ago ... It looked barren .. Dude definitely lost money, lol.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page