Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Fracus & Darwin - Greetings from the Edge
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/11/23 :  08:59:48  Show profile Send a private message
Wrote a bit of a review on fb but let's hear your thoughts too

Greetings from the Edge... delivers.

I spoke to both F&D at HAS a couple of months ago about the new album & the state of the hardcore scene at the moment and was a bit concerned (though not entirely surprised) to hear that the album is about 60% hardcore, decided to keep an open mind and while I mostly agree with that percentage (I'd put at more like 70%), it is 100% rave without any shadow of doubt.

This pair know exactly how to make a dancefloor track and there's plenty of that here but with enough variety for this to stand up to many listens at home, in the car, wherever. Other genres are represented but rather than skippable tracks they're part of the whole and fit in perfectly with the vibe of the album while no doubt standing up to scrutiny from a non-hardcore viewpoint. 'Libertas' sounds like a futuristic mashup of neurofunk & freeform, 'Brocking by Myself' like Jump up drum & bass before it turned into screeches and uncomfortable noise & 'All I Know is This' like they'd woken up from a 1992 induced coma to all the modern advances in technology. If any hardcore album can help legitimise our music to a wider audience it's this.

A fantastic track versus Michael Mansion is probably my early favourite, F&D & MM are a pairing that has been proven time and time again and this particular outing delivers the goods perfectly, guaranteed anthem.

The production across the board is second to none, everything sounds so clean and meticulously placed with depth and space. I haven't even checked out the deluxe content but it features extra tracks and extended mixes, expect to hear them heavily featured in my own mixes and across raves everywhere :D :D

I'd better eat my hat now ;)

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/11/23 :  10:20:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Definitely one for the open minded among us.

In all honesty, the thought of a Hardcore album by anyone (Fracus & Darwin included) doesn't interest me that much at the minute.

I need to listen more to form a proper opinion, but hopefully this will give things a much needed kick up the arse.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/11/23 :  19:21:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I only know of two previews at the moment which doesn?t inspire interest.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/11/23 :  22:39:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I only know of two previews at the moment which doesn?t inspire interest.

agreed

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/11/26 :  23:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Clips and podcast going up before the weekend. The faithful should enjoy it as intended.

CDJay

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  12:52:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
I'll pick a copy before christmas (December 7th... or maybe during the next week if money doesn't help).

**OFF TOPIC**
Is still available the One Rave compilation at HU?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  13:44:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Waiting for the 'it's not 15 tracks that all sound the same in the style that I like so it's shit' comments.

Edited by - djDMS on 2018/11/27 13:46:18
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  14:45:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
I'll pick a copy before christmas (December 7th... or maybe during the next week if money doesn't help).

**OFF TOPIC**

I'm literally just about to delist it, but if you DM me I'll hold one and facilitate adding it to your order

Feedback has been *very* good, even from within industry, which is nice to see/hear.

CDJay

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  15:10:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:

**OFF TOPIC**

I'm literally just about to delist it, but if you DM me I'll hold one and facilitate adding it to your order

Feedback has been *very* good, even from within industry, which is nice to see/hear.

CDJay

Like that LTR way ;D. PM you now boi

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  15:41:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Really enjoying the title track, on top of what I've already mentioned.

It's good, people, get on board :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  17:13:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Really enjoying the title track, on top of what I've already mentioned.

It's good, people, get on board :)

Previews speak louder than words!

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  18:04:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:

**OFF TOPIC**

CDJay

****ing outstanding album. Listened through four times already. First time in the car earlier today. Listening in the car brought it to life even more rather than the neutral studio monitors.

Please would you be able to send an artist copy for Kurtis when you fire my order out and I'll pass it on to him?

And Ep.6 if you've still got it :D:D:D

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  18:07:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
my buddy said there is tons of dnb influence which will make me buy it for sure. just the previews on the soundcloud did not impress me.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  18:18:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
I haven't ordered my copy yet, but the main question i was going to ask is " how many tracks are non hardcore" well seems 70% of the album is hardcore, even though i wpuld prefer 100% hardcore, but i will def order it for sure in the next few weeks, and noticed the previews on soundcloud but i didn't bother listening to them lol

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  23:33:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
I haven't ordered my copy yet, but the main question i was going to ask is " how many tracks are non hardcore" well seems 70% of the album is hardcore, even though i wpuld prefer 100% hardcore, but i will def order it for sure in the next few weeks, and noticed the previews on soundcloud but i didn't bother listening to them lol

I remember that Fracus and Darwin did outstanding tracks trying other different genres and styles like Drivetime and Only One Of Me.
At least they promised Drum and Bass, Liquid Hardcore and House music.

Talking about other genre styles. Anyone did forgot unreleased gems like "Freedom (Global Trance Remix)" and "Free Flow"?

(Oh never forget that Champion Sound remix... but it seems that won't be happen anytime).

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,183 posts
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  11:18:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Oh never forget that Champion Sound remix... but it seems that won't be happen anytime).

Do you mean Darwin's remix of Champion Sound by Q-Project? If so that came out several years ago.
Unless it's a completely different one to the one I am thinking of.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page