Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/31 :  03:38:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

And look at this impressive ?20 car stereo! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-C1021N-CD-Player/dp/B0009VLM0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391127958&sr=1-3&keywords=cd+player+car

lol are you being a sarcastic dick?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/31 :  05:44:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

And look at this impressive ?20 car stereo! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-C1021N-CD-Player/dp/B0009VLM0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391127958&sr=1-3&keywords=cd+player+car

lol are you being a sarcastic dick?

of course!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/02/20 :  00:23:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Been a bit quiet on the HU front but we must be getting close so I'm bumping this for some HYPE!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  15:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Thought we'd give some insight into the process behind albums like this, so we've uploaded a comparison between the version of Eye Opener which opened CD3 until we scored a better quality source. See? Prayer does work.

This is actually a fairly generous comparison, as restorative mastering work was already undertaken on the original version so it's comparison between what we could do with what we had versus what we could do with what we'd far rather have had.

I'll link directly to soundcloud as there's a bit more blurb there.

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/digital-restoration-re

There are other interesting examples, one being the currently available brick walled version of the Ultrasonic remix versus our more tempered approach utilising unmastered asset sourced from an obscure CD single released in '98.

If people find this sort of stuff interesting, we may make more of an effort to explain and document the process (and our reasoning behind it) going forward. Let us know!

CDJay

P.S: Album out soon. Promise. UK people *might* get it on the 29th, worst case 31st. EU around 31st also, ROW should be that week.

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/03/17 15:15:47
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  15:14:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
edit: wrong button. Which might explain that first recording

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/03/17 15:15:25
piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  15:22:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

EU around 31st also, ROW should be that week.

That's good a couple of day after my bday :)

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  16:55:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Just listened on soundcloud and the difference is impressive! I would love to know more about what goes into the production of these albums.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  17:23:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
to much reverb (echo?) if you ask me :P

Also, I didnt miss that there where barely any tracks with Fade. Was there really an fallout between paul and him?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  18:38:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Was chuffed to read this on FB earlier, fantastic insight and I think it's a really nice bit of extra info, I can see a lot of people being interested in this side of things, I hope people speak up and say so!

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/03/17 :  20:33:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If people find this sort of stuff interesting, we may make more of an effort to explain and document the process (and our reasoning behind it) going forward. Let us know!

CDJay

I for one would absolutely love to hear about the entire process. I find this sort of thing fascinating.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  06:45:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Where's the bloody album CDJAY??????

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  09:31:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk actually bothered to share the updated release details.

Personally, i think he should spend more time plugging other stuff and posting stupid selfies on Facebook....

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  10:38:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Does this process apply to First Order for the older tracks?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  11:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The stuff on "First Order", by and large, already existed in pristine form. It did, admittedly, take a while to get all the assets in place (tracks, label copy, art sign off).

The most comprehensive restoration work invariably involves stuff pre 2000, when DATs were commonplace. Marc Smiths album featured a load of stuff off DAT, which had been in storage for a decade or more. The problem is that a lot of the time the original artist or label don't have the track in question, which means a fair amount of detective work must be employed to source the required track.

I actually used to be fairly on top of collecting digital copies of classic 90s stuff (CDJay as a monicker being born from that) but whilst impressive it's far from complete. Even when I have a track, it's not always the best possible copy (Eye Opener being just one example).

Depending on how things go this year, we're looking into acquiring release rights for entire catalogues of oldskool HH/Trancecore stuff with a view to restoring and offering for sale digitally. I remember nabbing the bulk of the Impact catalog from Beats 24-7 back in the day and even back then I had Ruffage restore a bunch of compromised DAT transfers for my own use. I then supplied those back to Beats 24-7. Coz I'm a lovely guy.

Without intending on sounding tooooooooooo critical of others, I want to get hold of as many unmastered assets as possible rather then relying on the current trend of brickwalling everything then throwing the DATs/CDs/Data away as if a fatiguing block of harsh noise is in some way a good idea for archiving.

It's genuinely terrifying how few people keep unmastered .wav files, these days. We try to insist on them for our projects (with increasingly variable success) as it means a much more consistant end result in mixes or album format. At least, as much as they glitch or got lost, back in the DAT/vinyl days people HAD to have them on DAT to send off to be mastered specifically for vinyl. Now it's fashionable to export, run through t-racks, and forget about it. This, in an era of huge cheap hard drives (which can be mirrored) and Cloud storage.

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  11:49:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The stuff on "First Order", by and large, already existed in pristine form. It did, admittedly, take a while to get all the assets in place (tracks, label copy, art sign off).

The most comprehensive restoration work invariably involves stuff pre 2000, when DATs were commonplace. Marc Smiths album featured a load of stuff off DAT, which had been in storage for a decade or more. The problem is that a lot of the time the original artist or label don't have the track in question, which means a fair amount of detective work must be employed to source the required track.

I actually used to be fairly on top of collecting digital copies of classic 90s stuff (CDJay as a monicker being born from that) but whilst impressive it's far from complete. Even when I have a track, it's not always the best possible copy (Eye Opener being just one example).

Depending on how things go this year, we're looking into acquiring release rights for entire catalogues of oldskool HH/Trancecore stuff with a view to restoring and offering for sale digitally. I remember nabbing the bulk of the Impact catalog from Beats 24-7 back in the day and even back then I had Ruffage restore a bunch of compromised DAT transfers for my own use. I then supplied those back to Beats 24-7. Coz I'm a lovely guy.

Without intending on sounding tooooooooooo critical of others, I want to get hold of as many unmastered assets as possible rather then relying on the current trend of brickwalling everything then throwing the DATs/CDs/Data away as if a fatiguing block of harsh noise is in some way a good idea for archiving.

It's genuinely terrifying how few people keep unmastered .wav files, these days. We try to insist on them for our projects (with increasingly variable success) as it means a much more consistant end result in mixes or album format. At least, as much as they glitch or got lost, back in the DAT/vinyl days people HAD to have them on DAT to send off to be mastered specifically for vinyl. Now it's fashionable to export, run through t-racks, and forget about it. This, in an era of huge cheap hard drives (which can be mirrored) and Cloud storage.

CDJay

I really do miss something like Beats 24-7

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page