Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  13:00:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Why has it been delayed AGAIN?????

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  13:18:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
As everything, art and mix audio, was signed off we stumbled across the potential to have 3 tracks presented in far superior and integrated form. Once they were secured, audio had to be bounced between ourselves (UK), our mastering guy (Canada), Brisk (Australia), then back to Canada, then ourselves.

Given that Brisk was in the midst of moving, we pulled this all off with as much efficiency as we could muster.

Delaying an album means, inevitably, pissed off people emailing/posting on facebook/ringing Fracus. It causes us lots and lots of hassle, and is pretty much the last thing we want to do. The reason we did it here, is that we had a straight choice between the album being "right" or delayed slightly less. Given that we've been working on it since 2012, it seems churlish to ignore the last 5 metres to the summit because things are a bit nippy.

The other two releases were already being manufactured, so the assembly line isn't totally flooded. We were hoping to get stock on the 24th, but the courier couldn't be guaranteed everything would be 100% ready for pickup on the 21st so we had to settle for pickup on the 24th to be delivered to us on the 26th.

We hadn't posted much in the way of information before, because the situation is fluid. As soon as we got concrete dates, we supplied them with some insight into both the decision making process *and* audio examples of the benefits afforded thanks to this additional delay.

Not much else I can say; I'd rather this had come out long ago but at least now it's something I'll be proud of for all time instead of tinged with guilt and regret

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/03/18 13:19:27
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  13:35:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

Delaying an album means, inevitably, pissed off people emailing/posting on facebook/ringing Fracus.

So, how many people actually genuinely do get pissed off that send you some pretty vocal/angry emails, private messages or posts on facebook or here? I haven't seen anything outrageous on public posts except for Vladel so I imagine the worst of it comes to you in private.

Should probably never put dates of release again until you have the physical product or a guaranteed shipment to you because that's pretty much the bulk of annoyance with most people. But no matter most people are completely satisfied with the end result that the extended wait ends up being completely forgotten.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  14:00:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
TBH it's been a lot better, this time. Partly because people seem less distressed, and partly because it's a conscious decision on our part. With the initial launch released two tiny errors, which took us two days to correct, knocked us back a fortnight. With everything new, and unproven, it wasn't exactly how we wanted to end a genuinely traumatic and exhausting process heh!

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  14:32:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I for one, have no complaints about the delays - because that now means i can buy them before release :-)

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  18:52:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
That's a point... any chance of seeing unmixed versions of the remastered oldies (brisk)? We keep demanding more but is there any reason why that's not possible? Maybe for the digital store? DLC for your CD haha

Anyway, amazing news about trying to acquire the rights to that old stuff too, really exciting and thanks for more details etc, really interesting :D The date can't come soon enough

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  19:06:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
That's a point... any chance of seeing unmixed versions of the remastered oldies (brisk)? We keep demanding more but is there any reason why that's not possible? Maybe for the digital store? DLC for your CD haha

Anyway, amazing news about trying to acquire the rights to that old stuff too, really exciting and thanks for more details etc, really interesting :D The date can't come soon enough

Well considering they're Brisk tracks of yore, they would more than likely have to be released through the Next Generation label since they're the rightful owners of the tracks. Unless of course Paul and Jon worked out a sweet deal to have them re-released under the HU label.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/03/18 :  19:28:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

Well considering they're Brisk tracks of yore, they would more than likely have to be released through the Next Generation label since they're the rightful owners of the tracks. Unless of course Paul and Jon worked out a sweet deal to have them re-released under the HU label.

Slammin' Vinyl ‎? RAR015... guess that's out the window then!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  21:34:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Listened through the mix twice (!) again, today, when driving Darwin up record this months podcast. I seriously, seriously, doubt anyone who has been anticipating this album is going to be disappointed.

I still kinda wish we could have done more to the Wonderful World remix. As Robin so succinctly put it "The waveform is saturating only in the negative amplitude suggesting some broken circuitry on whatever it was mixed/recorded on at the time." Yea! That. Still, gotta work with what exists.

Roll on next Thursday. I seriously cannot wait to get this batch out!

edit: We'll have a chat w/ SV about potentially nabbing and restoring their entire catalogue over the summer. Let's get "Filth and Dumb Hatred", "Happy Hardcore Underground" and "HU Presents: Live @ Rehab" done first so I can dedicate the freakish amount of time and energy which will inevitably be required! Safe to say it'll have to be done in waves, heh.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/03/20 21:37:54
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  22:29:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Listened through the mix twice (!) again, today, when driving Darwin up record this months podcast. I seriously, seriously, doubt anyone who has been anticipating this album is going to be disappointed.

I still kinda wish we could have done more to the Wonderful World remix. As Robin so succinctly put it "The waveform is saturating only in the negative amplitude suggesting some broken circuitry on whatever it was mixed/recorded on at the time." Yea! That. Still, gotta work with what exists.

Roll on next Thursday. I seriously cannot wait to get this batch out!

edit: We'll have a chat w/ SV about potentially nabbing and restoring their entire catalogue over the summer. Let's get "Filth and Dumb Hatred", "Happy Hardcore Underground" and "HU Presents: Live @ Rehab" done first so I can dedicate the freakish amount of time and energy which will inevitably be required! Safe to say it'll have to be done in waves, heh.

CDJay

We appreciate your unwavering dedication even if we do like to moan ;)

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  22:32:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Filth and Dumb Hatred <- This?! Have I missed some in-joke or did you just reveal something? F&D the 3rd?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  22:33:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea, think we confirmed that in a recent ravin eye piece and maybe on the last podcast? If not, definitely on the one recorded today.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  22:43:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmm judging by that name, does it have something to do with the dub/electrocore sound that's had mixed feelings as of late???

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  22:53:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
No.

CDJay

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  23:06:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
No.

CDJay

So... Yes?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page