Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Gammer is Hardcore's biggest asset
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  05:14:33  Show profile Send a private message
Hear me out before roasting me on this.

Most of the people on here (Including me) Really do not enjoy gammers new style and sound direction, But the guy is now hanging with the big dogs and playing the biggest festivals. I saw him live last year and he played some massive hardcore anthems from over the years and the crowd was buzzing during his entire set! I really dont enjoy his new hardcore tunes at all but hes putting out hardcore to the masses.

Agree or disagree?

Alert moderator
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  07:04:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Disagree. He's not actually pushing 'hardcore' at all. He's pushing Gammer and is clearly super enamoured by that whole 'swagger' lifestyle type shit he acts like now. He's pandering to a crowd of people who don't want or know anything about our music, the vast majority of which will be moving on to the next big thing once it comes about.

He has publicly denounced (and blocked on social media) entire swathes of the UK hardcore scene, like literally everyone associated with it. He is 100% not interested.

HU is hardcores biggest asset stateside, promoting actual hardcore to a bunch of people that get it and aren't just there because that's where the new hotness is.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  07:14:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Agree 100% if you remove the last 2 letters from Asset.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2018/03/06 07:15:48
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  07:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
He used to be good back in the day but not no more.

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  11:00:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
His come along away from watching his Dad DJ Dougal playing steam train train from behind decks.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  12:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
>assumes Gammer is no longer associating himself with hardcore
>He releases hardcore track but people hate it because it's too commercial sounding

Hmmm I wonder why he doesn't associate with the scene anymore. People are too ****ing picky anymore in this scene and it's toxic.

Also, he was working on a 2007 esque Gammer track the other day on Facebook, so no, he isn't quitting on hardcore lol.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  12:47:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
If Hardcore's biggest asset is a guy who stands behind the decks lurching about like somebody having an uncontrollable seizure then Hardcore is completely doomed.

Edited by - GrahamC on 2018/03/06 12:48:16
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  13:12:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Well his best release has to be on Masterwax Records Into Darkness and Hardcore Revolution compared to the stuff on his own label Essential Platinum.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  13:33:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Two years ago when him and Darren Styles began doing major EDM festivals in the States and elsewhere, I had hope it would be positive for the genre.

However, there's absolutely no evidence in the time since then that what they're doing benefits anyone but themselves.

Let go of him!

he's doing wonderfully well for himself and good on him. But, please, let's stop pretending that he is in any way relevant to hardcore music or the scene anymore. He's gone and he isn't bringing new followers into the music. That's just the way it is.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  15:14:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
Maybe it's better that the scene stays smaller. Maybe it's better that the scene stays special to the small group of people who love the music and appreciate all the effort in it. A lot of people may not like Gammer anymore, but he DOES put effort into what he makes. He does still make hardcore even if it is a fusion of other genres but everyone seems to forget that hardcore, whether happy or UK hardcore has always borrowed from genres.

Yes I understand it's annoying when Gamms calls it Happy Hardcore. But damn man some of you guys are so salty and drag the guy down like he's the next Hitler. Calm yourselves and enjoy what YOU love, instead of putting a bad taste in the mouths of those who like what Gammer, styles, breeze and all of the others are doing. I just find it hilarious that the Ravers of the scene shit all over the scene and the sound nowadays but LEGENDS like freaking SCOTT BROWN still sees the awesome quality and sounds going on and approves of it.

TLDR: listen to what you want and quit being Drama Llamas. That is all : )

PLUR.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  15:29:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Gammer ceased to be hardcore a long time ago and now his antics are counterproductive because they take the shine away from the people who really care about the scene and want it to be better.

lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  15:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage
He's not pushing hardcore at all, he's making garbage EDM and playing garbage EDM shows.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  16:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
I don't go for the argument " bigger crowd - better exposure"

The vast majority of the time, what it took to get the bigger crowd and more exposure, was the artist completely redefining the sound that got them where they were to begin with.

Example. Pendulum turning into Knife Party.

Sure, Pendulum was big, but Knife Party got much bigger. Using your example, it would be like saying

"Knife Party is DnB's greatest asset ", which is ********. Knife Party doesn't play dnb. maybe a little bit, but is that tiny bit of dnb worth calling knife party an asset to dnb? Maybe knife party exposed more people to dnb, but was it worth the loss of Pendulum?

That is how I feel about calling Gammer an asset to hardcore. Complete switch of style ( refused to change name), but still wants to be considered part of the hardcore scene. There is no denying he was an asset, but that was honestly a decade ago.

These days I can only honestly argue Gammer is the #1 most destructive element of the hardcore scene. I can't stand hearing US Promoters try to tell me playing trap and dubstep is evolving the hardcore scene. Downright ****ing lazy dick riders.

" I cant stand pika girl, but don't you dare talk shit on my trapcore set" . lol.

when that recent spat with brisk went down and loads of people called gammer out for being a twat, the only ones defending gammer where the USA dick rider kids

" no way!, gammer is SO nice, he would NEVER do that"

Not suprised they never see the bad side, they never do anything except drool over him.

give gammer a tad of criticism and he loses his shit

Edited by - trippnface on 2018/03/06 16:55:54
9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  17:31:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage
The way I see it, if someone listens to a Gammer set, hears some kickdrum driven 170bpm music, enjoys it, then finds the wider hardcore scene as a result, then that's a good thing. There's precious little exposure to the wider world out there at the moment; no (or very very few) compilation albums in shops, and things are in pretty dire straits events wise as far as I can tell.

However, calling him the scene's biggest asset, when he's made it very clear he doesn't want anything to do with it, is taking it a bit far; as others have said, people making music and actually releasing it (HU, Kniteforce etc) are the real assets!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  17:36:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Well, I'd say the same thing happened when Breeze tried to turn Clubland Xtreme Hardcore to a faster Drumstep brand

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  18:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

when that recent spat with brisk went down and loads of people called gammer out for being a twat, the only ones defending gammer where the USA dick rider kids

What spat? What have i missed.. DJ Brisk one of the good guys, loyal to his fans, humble and always stayed true to what Hardcore was about.

The biggest asset to our scene is actually Brisk.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page