Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  18:52:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

when that recent spat with brisk went down and loads of people called gammer out for being a twat, the only ones defending gammer where the USA dick rider kids

What spat? What have i missed.. DJ Brisk one of the good guys, loyal to his fans, humble and always stayed true to what Hardcore was about.

The biggest asset to our scene is actually Brisk.

if you are friends with brisk on fb you should be able to find the post, gammer apparently made a joke/ diss about a show or something ( who can tell with him) and brisk called him out on acting like a dick and saying gammer needs to respect his fans. of course thread blew up and got big lol, im not friends with him so my buddy had to show me, or i would link it

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  19:15:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
This discussion is actually happening on Brisks group on FB at the moment (well, a bit earlier). Needless to say, I was met by a couple of US fanbois that wouldn't pay any heed to what I was saying

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  19:36:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Well, I'd say the same thing happened when Breeze tried to turn Clubland Xtreme Hardcore to a faster Drumstep brand

To be fair hardcore has always ripped off taken influences from whatever the popular genre was at the time. In the early 00s, it was (hard) trance, which IMO worked very well. I don't blame Breeze for trying it with dubstep; the sound at the time was arguably the same as it had been since 2002ish, and I guess he wanted to try something new, so why not jump on the dubstep bandwagon. The current EDM/Hardstyle sound isn't to my taste either, but I don't blame them for trying. Eventually they might hit on a combination that works for me; or perhaps I'm just old and unable to appreciate new music as much!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  20:14:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:
quote:
Well, I'd say the same thing happened when Breeze tried to turn Clubland Xtreme Hardcore to a faster Drumstep brand

To be fair hardcore has always ripped off taken influences from whatever the popular genre was at the time. In the early 00s, it was (hard) trance, which IMO worked very well. I don't blame Breeze for trying it with dubstep; the sound at the time was arguably the same as it had been since 2002ish, and I guess he wanted to try something new, so why not jump on the dubstep bandwagon. The current EDM/Hardstyle sound isn't to my taste either, but I don't blame them for trying. Eventually they might hit on a combination that works for me; or perhaps I'm just old and unable to appreciate new music as much!

i def agree, but also I find it hard to believe dj's/ producers are so dumb as to not realize hardcore/ trance went well togethert, because female vocals, euphoric breakdowns and melodies, pianos galore and MDMA go really good together. to make the leap that "trap/dubstep" have anything to offer alongside the evolution of music that encompasses the aforementioned qualities, was an absolutely stupid idea.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  20:16:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
This discussion is actually happening on Brisks group on FB at the moment (well, a bit earlier). Needless to say, I was met by a couple of US fanbois that wouldn't pay any heed to what I was saying

Gammer can do no wrong in their eyes, it makes me cringe so hard.

I am sure Brisk talking down on their idol must bring them to the point of tears.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  21:37:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

I may be a fanboy but I am definitely no Gammer dick sucker lol. And yes I was listening, it was the other fellow who wouldn't stop bickering. I apologise for that idiot and all of his nonsense he was spouting lol.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  21:58:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Breeze wasn't trying, he was forcing. Kinda like the rumour I heard back before Nu Energy closed down, that Kevin Energy was trying to push Freeform to become a more Hard Dance like genre instead

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/06 :  22:02:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Wonder what his last release would have been the remix of Get Away On Next Generation Records.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  07:58:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk is the real deal when it comes to our scene not Gammer.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  13:52:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
To be fair hardcore has always ripped off taken influences from whatever the popular genre was at the time. In the early 00s, it was (hard) trance, which IMO worked very well.

Couldn't be more accurate. Although Hardcore had been copying Hard Trance since 1997 in the form of 'Trancecore' or Freeform. In some cases it is impossible to tell that some Hard Trance tunes of the time are not Hardcore but they definately came first.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  16:28:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Gammer is the new other half of Darren Styles. In the 90s is was Force and Styles, in the 2000s it was Breeze and Styles (or Styles and Breeze if you must) and now it is Styles and Gammer. The are the 'top guns' of the scene and I don't normally follow them but I give credit where credit is due and I like their remix of Paul Elstak's Love You More (which is a remix of the Paul Elstak version and not he original Sunscream version)

Other than that they aint my thing

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  16:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

The ironic thing is was Clubland first tried to turn UK Hardcore into a faster Trance brand

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  18:06:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

The ironic thing is was Clubland first tried to turn UK Hardcore into a faster Trance brand

I think Bonkers already did that with nr 8 and later

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  20:08:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Gammer is the new other half of Darren Styles. In the 90s is was Force and Styles, in the 2000s it was Breeze and Styles (or Styles and Breeze if you must) and now it is Styles and Gammer. The are the 'top guns' of the scene and I don't normally follow them but I give credit where credit is due and I like their remix of Paul Elstak's Love You More (which is a remix of the Paul Elstak version and not he original Sunscream version)

Talking out your arse. They've released 2 tracks in the last 12 months and that's probably all content from a couple of weekends.

Gammer is doing his own thing with Monstercat, hoorah, Darren Styles has moved toward Hardstyle with the Tweakaz and started a cool looking label called, "Electric Fox".

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/03/07 :  20:58:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Talking out your arse. They've released 2 tracks in the last 12 months and that's probably all content from a couple of weekends.

Gammer is doing his own thing with Monstercat, hoorah, Darren Styles has moved toward Hardstyle with the Tweakaz and started a cool looking label called, "Electric Fox".

not too bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDXJmWXFFjM

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.63 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page