Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/11/15 :  23:16:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Spill:
the thing about the hardcore revival back in 2000 was it had the 1998 surge of trance to ride on the back of. Not long after that hard house exploded and the likes of Brisk and Ham were already firmly part of the Tidy Trax stable. Billy Bunter and Jon Doe were driving the Honey Pot label and the hardcore influences were obvious. Before you knew it there was a hardcore area at most hard house events to aid the cross over appeal; support for the sound was massive.

Now hardcore is going through another lull but what is different this time is that there isn't any big wave of similar sound that the nu breed of young people can identify with. Dance music in general seems to have got so much slower and a lot of tracks build into a crescendo of nothing. It's like it's music for the self conscious generation.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom though. More and more people are picking up on hardcore breaks it seems (even Suzuki got in on the act with Sons Of A Loop Da Loop Era) and these things always come round in cycles. For as long there are people like us wanting the hardcore sound then it will exist (Kniteforce is a prime example) and even though the days of piling into the Sanctuary are gone we can at least be thankful that there are still people out there that are passionate for hardcore.

Well I am not really allowed to talk about Hard House on these forums (on the Hardcore section anyway) but I will add there are some similarities and always have been. Indeed there has been that cross over which you can here as far back as the Tony De Vit days and it is worth mentioning that I have heard one TDV set from 1995 which is surprising as it featured a Dutch Gabber tune right in there.

Indeed Brisk and Ham crossed over with their Stimulant DJs project which sometimes also produced little more than jut Trance. Even Scott Brown dabbled in Trance during the boom at the millennium while Teisto himself had actually started by releasing some Gabber in the mid 90s. Jon The Dentist ha done some Gabber type stuff in the mid 90s before he went Trancy under the Tidy label while Dutch artists DJ Isaac and Paul Elstak have branched outwards a few times as well under different names.

The thing is with a lot of modern EDM is it seems to lack the daring side of what used to be acceptable. The focus seems to be more on drops and funny tricks and less about the energy or rush. Dubstep was awful for that. They could use some good samples and then spoil it by going into the 'wobble'

As for the Hard House 'revival' it is not so much that the style has changed but more so the quality of releases has gotten better. A few guys all of a sudden started out putting good stuff that was not minimal or as techy and have brought the vibe back. Hardcore can do that again with the right mindset and there are examples of varies '90s revivals' such as breakbeat from Kniteforce or the old Dutch Gabber sound from Casketcrusher's Total Destruction label.

If you get a few artists doing something good again then others will follow. It can happen but it is just not happening at the moment

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,076 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  05:20:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
You're allowed to talk. Just not posting video's and proclaiming them as "the hardcore"

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  06:18:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
Everything I loved about this music has changed. Most new Hardcore feels dated in a week. Maybe it's because everything, not only hardcore, is moving at a rapid pace.

I find it hard to actually want to keep up with most releases these days due to lack of interest. It's really hard when classic UK Hardcore is well written, but not production wise.

Those DJ Seduction releases really intrigue me. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by - carldj90 on 2018/11/16 06:20:45
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  11:58:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
You're allowed to talk. Just not posting video's and proclaiming them as "the hardcore"

Well it is harder than Hardcore but rules are rules, eh?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,076 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  13:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

Well it is harder than Hardcore but rules are rules, eh?

just as hard as my cock just now... used and flacid ;)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  14:04:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2018/11/16 :  21:52:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

sami stop wanking whilst on HHC.COM, warned you about that before

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  00:37:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Producer wise I think the UK hardcore scene has probably the most advanced productions it has ever had. The scene got in a bit of a rut near the end of the 2000s with everything sounding the same. Every producer looked at raver baby trance and freeform for inspiration.

You just can't keep rehashing the same old thing over and over again with no innovation and expect people to stay interested. People who never evolved just got left behind

The scene now seems to be very influenced by the EDM/House, Electro/trap and the Hardstyle scenes these days. Instead of the old trance from the past.

There is a lot of great talent still producing out there though.
Tweekacore
Minus the crown
Iyf & Nobody
Technikore & JTS
Callum Higby
Macks Wolf
Spyro
Jekyll
Alex Prospect
Andy Wilson
Mike Riverie
Ryan Kore
Spojaz
Entity
Fracus & Darwin
Scott Brown
Klubfille

I could go on forever. There is just a lot more variety in the scene and people who loved the raverbaby years are just nostalgic the same way old people say the 1960s music is better than today.

Maby check out a label called Totally Ardcore if you love the 2000s sounds. Reminds me so much of the older sounds some of you seem to like.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  01:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Thank God Hard house is still going strong and keeping it real!

In other news, I've been listening to loads of harder/faster stuff lately and I'm loving it.

Sefa is my new favourite producer, love his stuff.

Cue Guest in 3....2.....1....

Just a heads up, we are not allowed to talk about anything other than Hardcore!

Talking of Hardcore, when is the next Bonkers out?

I heard the new Bonkers will be a Hard House version with Lisa Lashes, Anne Savage & Lisa Pinup all on the front cover with Brisk (Stimulant Djs) as the boss with a cigar.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2018/11/17 01:21:22
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  01:36:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
They could call it 'Donkers'

Shouldn't be much chance of Sharkey coming along and spoiling it...

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  02:14:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Every producer looked at raver baby trance and freeform for inspiration.

The scene now seems to be very influenced by the EDM/House, Electro/trap and the Hardstyle scenes these days. Instead of the old trance from the past.

This is why hardcore sucks now. If you want EDM, maybe find a different scene.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  04:23:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Man the only thing that sux is repeating a dated tance sound over and over again with no innovation. That is the definition of stupidity, a category you seem to fall into. Take a listen to Hardcore Heaven & Bonkers in 97. That is what original Hardcore is. Not what you like. Music will always evolve, whether you like it or not.

If you don't like things changing, maybe you need to find another scene lol..

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  06:09:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Man the only thing that sux is repeating a dated tance sound over and over again with no innovation. That is the definition of stupidity, a category you seem to fall into. Take a listen to Hardcore Heaven & Bonkers in 97. That is what original Hardcore is. Not what you like. Music will always evolve, whether you like it or not.

If you don't like things changing, maybe you need to find another scene lol..

Well just saying find another scene is stupid. Saying things like that is exactly why people are complaining haha. Like if you can't find a solution then don't say anything.

There are legit reasons brought up here from some people who have been in the scene for a long while. AND someone posted some new Seduction doing the 97 style 2018 updates so like...the trance sound being repeated isn't stupid and perhaps innovative enough to make the scene thrive on both sides of the sea.

Although, a majority of the forums and posts on this website are just pure insanity and nonsense.

Edited by - carldj90 on 2018/11/17 06:13:33
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  08:48:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
They could call it 'Donkers'

Shouldn't be much chance of Sharkey coming along and spoiling it...

Sy and Unknown tried 'Donkcore' back in 2004:

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/11/17 :  08:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Was the first Donk actually unintentional and from Rotterdam?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page