Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  00:30:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Pretty sure they called time around about 7:16pm sometime in september/october 2006.

There were still great pieces of hardcore released after that, it just became really hard to find in between the gasping of final breaths and blood gargling.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  00:36:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
there were still events in the UK between 2006 and 2010 though. but since 2010. nothing! I went to the HTID website and....... oh, it doesn't exist anymore!!

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  00:47:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
interesting article
http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/posts/5-things-the-hardcore-scene-needs-to-learn-in-2015/

but eeehh, I don't wanna feel sad or pesimistic. I'll just go back and listen to the music I loved. so Happyhardcore from 94 on-wards. and even the 2002-2005/6 stuff (which I didn't like much at the time but I reckon I can still enjoy it more now)

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  06:32:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
interesting article
http://www.kniteforcerevolution.com/posts/5-things-the-hardcore-scene-needs-to-learn-in-2015/

but eeehh, I don't wanna feel sad or pesimistic. I'll just go back and listen to the music I loved. so Happyhardcore from 94 on-wards. and even the 2002-2005/6 stuff (which I didn't like much at the time but I reckon I can still enjoy it more now)

That's actually a really good read, its from Luna C Right ?

He misses the point with the money side of things, its still in reverse just not to the numbers they probably charge these days, but why should the newbie be charging more, and the older ones charging less, if you are a proven product then you deserve to be paid for it.

But he pretty much nails the rest of it. especially the last one, get out of the comfort zone, as that's something I have hated for years in hardcore, stop rinsing a formula, and that formula was vocal hardcore. Because that just spawns a string of cheese songs that are too soppy for hardcore, and an endless string of pop music remixes.

Anyone remember Boom boom boom by the outhere brothers ? I cringed in 96 when I first heard that remixed in hardcore, and I will say it again, this kinda shit had no place on the dancefloor at a rave.

Using ASPECTS of a vocal in a track worked way much better. how many classics use vocals lifted from other tunes but that other tunes melody or groove is totally warped and changed. Works so much better.

Icewind

Canada
111 posts
Posted - 2019/02/22 :  10:50:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
but are UK hardcore events even still happening?

that's how out of touch i've been with the scene since 2010 (2010, Which I really do assume is the death year of hardcore)
Is HTID and Uproar still a thing?

All it seems to be now is EDM festivals. It's like Hixxy and co KNOW people have dropped out of the scene... because of the new 20somethings around now with their own generation of dance music.
All hardcore rave promoters can do now is treat us like old people and give us special 30+ only events.... obviously it won't be.... if you're under 30 you're not allowed in, but that will be the main audience attending. 30+ grey haired and balding men wishing we were still 20.

I am from Canada, but a quick check on Scott Brown's Insta shows that he is still playing out quite often in Glasgow and such so I would say that their are still hardcore parties going on.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/02/23 :  09:23:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
There are parties coming up, loads of better ones in Scotland.

Nothing at all in my area, even Bristol seems quiet for it.

More aimed at DnB around here.

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  03:37:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
hmmm ok is no one here concerned about the uk hardcore event drought at the moment ?

anyway, thought I'd all bore you with my age/generation questions

I watched a bit of post 2010 HTID in the sun footage, can't remember which year specifically and it all vibes off as a bit cringey, with mc storm treating us like a loyal family of old kids. also the numbers looked a bit low for your usual HTID event.

which end of the demographic (age wise) is the dropping out happening? is it the 30+ (which I assume is most of us here) or is it that new ravers (16-25ish) aren't coming into the scene? is it cause they're not interested cause they see a bunch of older people listening to (what probably sounds like in their ears) dated music. or is it they just don't even know about hardcore because of the whole wretched EDM music invasion from the late 2000's or whenever it crept in.
It makes me physically cringe writing "EDM" you know. hate everything about it. the fact the name stuck, the actual music too, but that's a whole nutha can of worms.

Honestly, if you're reading this and you're 16-26ish, we welcome you to hardcore with our arms wide open! we really do!

but yeah, that's when you KNOW you're getting old... when you don't know what the generation below you listens to.. (besides from commercial radio crap)

Also another question. I came back here thinking this place would be a bit more buzzing, but it really isn't. I dislike FB so I'm not on it but I'm guessing all the forums have moved on to there. shame really. what a load of sheep some of us can be. forums forever!!

Edited by - 95_was_the_time on 2019/02/24 03:46:59
DjCirrus

United States
61 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  03:47:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjCirrus's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Fracus and Darwin are seeming to go that way and to be honest, they are as annoying as they are great at times. The latest album is a great example of this. As for Alstorm, i totally agree that he is great these days and i know he is working his socks off on the 90's stuff too. In terms of the happy uplifting stuff, you need to be looking at HPTG Music (label) also, M-project and Daniel Seven is about my favourite producer for to years running now.

It is much harder to find good music at the moment.

If you want something awesome and different in my opinion, check out some Japanese happy hardcore aka j-core. Some are uplifting like the song I'm listening to right now called Light of the heavens by DJ Noriken!!!!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  13:28:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
from a UK (and my own) perspective
quote:
hmmm ok is no one here concerned about the uk hardcore event drought at the moment ?

No, not really. I almost feel like it needs to die in order for it to have any chance of a fresh start. Pretty sure its "too late" though, the way people consume and enjoy music has shifted too much.

quote:
which end of the demographic (age wise) is the dropping out happening?

The true oldies (40+)left decades ago, the mid-oldies (32-40) were hanging on for dear life but eventually gave up around about 2010 and have been dropping like leaves ever since. As for newbies they're from generation that doesn't need clubs and raves anymore or find it interesting. There was a concerted effort to make happy hardcore, the fast, stupid, silly, melodious music centered on melody and vocals, into fast, serious, monotonous music, focused solely on the kick; for some weird reason people started ****ing off.
Barely anyone new was/is coming into 'the scene' as it no longer has anything different to offer other than 20bpm extra.

Couple that with the social change, people are just staying home and listening to music (which most of the new hardcore wasn't designed for).

quote:
I came back here thinking this place would be a bit more buzzing, but it really isn't.

facebook killed forums, people left as the music changed from what pulled them in in the first place. There must be about 10 regular users, but a few of us have come back since the Sharkey and Vinylgroover digital projects surfaced.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2019/02/24 13:32:04
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  14:41:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
the mid-oldies (32-40)

How convenient that that 'mid-old' should start at 32; my exact age!

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2019/02/24 19:26:46
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  15:23:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
True oldie here, still just about hanging on.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  16:19:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

anyway, thought I'd all bore you with my age/generation questions

I watched a bit of post 2010 HTID in the sun footage, can't remember which year specifically and it all vibes off as a bit cringey, with mc storm treating us like a loyal family of old kids. also the numbers looked a bit low for your usual HTID event.

which end of the demographic (age wise) is the dropping out happening? is it the 30+ (which I assume is most of us here) or is it that new ravers (16-25ish) aren't coming into the scene? is it cause they're not interested cause they see a bunch of older people listening to (what probably sounds like in their ears) dated music. or is it they just don't even know about hardcore because of the whole wretched EDM music invasion from the late 2000's or whenever it crept in.
It makes me physically cringe writing "EDM" you know. hate everything about it. the fact the name stuck, the actual music too, but that's a whole nutha can of worms.

Honestly, if you're reading this and you're 16-26ish, we welcome you to hardcore with our arms wide open! we really do!

but yeah, that's when you KNOW you're getting old... when you don't know what the generation below you listens to.. (besides from commercial radio crap)

Also another question. I came back here thinking this place would be a bit more buzzing, but it really isn't. I dislike FB so I'm not on it but I'm guessing all the forums have moved on to there. shame really. what a load of sheep some of us can be. forums forever!!

I have not heard of anyone going to a Hardcore even in a long time. The 'over 30s' which I fall into have mostly move on in one way or another. I know a few people who still mix but the new stuff is just dull. Apart from the odd 'old style' release there is nothing really worth listening to so I converted to Hard House two years ago and the best thing I have done in years and that scene is getting lively. I am on Facebook groups and there is always something going on, releases, events and mixes yet the Hardcore sites I am still on have slowed right down and same as here, people saying it was better years ago and not much happening.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  17:23:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Hard House you say? Is that scene still alive?

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2019/02/24 :  17:48:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage  Reply with quote
"Your mind boggles, because you don't want to face reality. You're not as successful as them because you don't bring as much value as them. It really is as simple as that. You can up your game, accept your position, or pursue something you're better at. But don't fire shots at people who legitimately earned their success. "

It's too hilarious. Honestly you've missed a lot of points there.

If Vibes is so great then why steal someone else's work in full and pass it off as their own? I find it f\/cking bewildering how someone can do this and stand there saying "yep, I made it" knowing full well they nabbed it off a German release vinyl that at the time not many people would have been aware of.

To people at the time, Vibes had just created a masterpiece that everyone loved and no doubt a lot of artists wanted to work with him. As that's how it works right? Someone makes a "hit", and other artists want to collab with them?

Through collaboration comes learning new techniques and production. If you get in with the right crowd, the possibilities are endless. Still doesn't change the fact someone robbed/cheated their way to it. It isn't "legitimately" earning success, it's stealing.

What reality is there to face? My own production was never meant to be successful. I did it all for the love of the music, simple as that. I've turned down club sets, collabs with people who aren't exactly small time and labels who wanted to release my work.

Everything I have made has been my own work. Nobody showing me how it's done. Nobody teaching me stuff.

I can't read sheet music, I have no idea what LFO stands for. I don't even know many technical terms for stuff in production, and yet I can produce? Because I got stuck in for over 15 years playing around with stuff, knowing what it does but having no technical understanding behind most of it.

The "success" I have achieved has exceeded 10000 times what I ever expected or wanted from the scene. Accumulating hundreds of thousands of plays of my work on youtube, quite a big amount of followers, winning Hoodzie's remix competition (which I entered purely for fun) and being asked to remix a Virtue and Slammer track (that Gammer went on to remix as well) and Lisa Abbott track.

When all I ever aimed to do was make music I enjoy listening to and can give away for free, for even just a few people to also enjoy. So, if anything, for what I intended and what I achieved, I'm probably more successful than most.

Even now, when I spend many hours of my own time making something, I know it won't be widely heard. After all, I deleted my music page and Soundcloud and youtube accounts filled with followers. I won't go running to a label to get it released. I just keep it to myself for my own listening enjoyment and sometimes upload it for a handful of others to enjoy.

Owen P
Average Member

United Kingdom
154 posts
Posted - 2019/02/25 :  13:20:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Owen P's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
"Your mind boggles, because you don't want to face reality. You're not as successful as them because you don't bring as much value as them. It really is as simple as that. You can up your game, accept your position, or pursue something you're better at. But don't fire shots at people who legitimately earned their success. "

It's too hilarious. Honestly you've missed a lot of points there.

If Vibes is so great then why steal someone else's work in full and pass it off as their own? I find it f\/cking bewildering how someone can do this and stand there saying "yep, I made it" knowing full well they nabbed it off a German release vinyl that at the time not many people would have been aware of.

I haven't missed any points, Steve Smeeth is the one who did the Techno Wonderland rip. https://www.discogs.com/artist/789843-Steve-Smeeth

quote:
To people at the time, Vibes had just created a masterpiece that everyone loved and no doubt a lot of artists wanted to work with him. As that's how it works right? Someone makes a "hit", and other artists want to collab with them?

You're confused. Vibes had loads of big tunes and remixes out before Techno Wonderland. Who are all these artists who've supposedly collaborated him on the strength of Techno Wonderland? Name one. It certainly isn't me, I think Techno Wonderland is a load of pap.

quote:
Through collaboration comes learning new techniques and production. If you get in with the right crowd, the possibilities are endless. Still doesn't change the fact someone robbed/cheated their way to it. It isn't "legitimately" earning success, it's stealing.

He was successful long before Techno Wonderland, which is by Steve Smeeth. Try again.

Glad you've found success in your musical endeavours, though perhaps not enough success to keep you from feeling the need to talk baseless shit about those who've enjoyed far more of it than you have.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page