Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 How did you get into HappyHardcore?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Only administrators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,545 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  05:14:20  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Poll question:
How did you get into HappyHardcore?
Choices:
Friend or family member introduced
Radio or television
Picked up a CD or Vinyl
Went to a party
Internet
Flyer's
Magazines and adverts

View results

Alert moderator
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  05:45:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
grrr someone beat me to the first vote ... although if it's silver then i s'pose he's got an unfair advantage :P

Yeah it was a cd called Central Nervous System II, mixed by DJ Vagas, with tracks like Six Days, Luv U More, and Take Me Away. I lost it years ago, but my now-ex-gf bought me a copy for my last b-day YAY!!!!

- strychnine (the artist formerly known as speccedninja)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  06:25:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
grrr someone beat me to the first vote ... although if it's silver then i s'pose he's got an unfair advantage :P

Yeah it was a cd called Central Nervous System II, mixed by DJ Vagas, with tracks like Six Days, Luv U More, and Take Me Away. I lost it years ago, but my now-ex-gf bought me a copy for my last b-day YAY!!!!

- strychnine (the artist formerly known as speccedninja)

I remember that CD, pretty damn good too. Unfortunately I don't own it....hmmm I think i'll go err umm "borrow" it off a friend for a while.

"Well it just goes on and on and you don't stop, party people winding up and keep on going til you drop YEAH!"

Edited by - Skeenip on 2002/10/02 06:26:38
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  07:13:55  Show profile  Send a private message
twas my bro, he went into his room, playing hardcore at full volume with his mates. i loved it as soon as i heard it, recorded some tapes and went to school listening to it, and nothing but it. he started listening to more old skool, which at the time i couldnt stomach, i started to like it after a bit, then was dnb, same story as old skool just a little later on.
i listend to hardcore for ages, he got a pair of decks, which i mucked around on, and when he went to uni i got a pair myself, a fiew months after i went to my first rave, flashback, was so impressed so quickly went to slammin vinyl and so the true raver in me was born.

i stick to the hardcore, as it is hardcore which is my faveorite music, i dabble in old skool and dnb very ocasionally, my brother mixes old skool, so when we get together for a mix we play different things which is great.

i recon my bro and me think alike, we had the idea for a night at around the same time, he has one up and running, but i didnt feel ready to do one myself, this has changed, and now i am working very hard on putting on a night in Birmingham, then all will be left is getting my finger into producing, all this at a age of 18, well your never too young

Emanation

United Kingdom
116 posts

57 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  07:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message
It was in my s**t clubbin days, i went to a really cheesy commercial dance club in B'ham wen i was 16. We went bak to a mate ov a mates house n this lad lent me a United Dance - Force n Styles tape.
I had a house party the following week n blasted it out the, made sure the whole street cud hear it aswell.......didn't wana b selfish!
It was about a month lata wen i really got in2 it. I was goin to hardhouse clubs and i had an after party at mine, i dug out the tape n played it (agin) atfull pelt wiv the patio door open n spent an hour dancin outside in the rain to "love of my life". It had special meanin cus it was mine and my tehn g/f's fave tune..............owh, the good old days. Just glad we're still best mates!

"Where's all the noise, all the girlz, all the boyz"

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  08:31:39  Show profile  Send a private message
napster ... *goes red* howver I've baught all the mp3's I won either on vinly or cd as soon as I found out where the hell to get it from!

fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  09:39:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage
was in my mates car bout 3 years ago and he was playing hardcore. i was like, ****! WOT IS THIS! never looked back since! hardcore is like a black hole-it sucks everyone who hears it in and u can never escape!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  10:23:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
Around '96...a friend who worked at a local record store gave me a flyer for a party he was spinning at...I was well into techno but had never really heard any HHC...I showed up and he was playing a lot of Rotterdam stuff...and when he dropped "Rainbow In The Sky"...that was it ...I was hooked!!!!

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  12:57:23  Show profile  Send a private message
A m8 gave me bonkers2!!

---------------------------------------------------
You Know Life, is all about expression.
You only live once, and your not coming back.
So express yourself!

dj dru
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  23:24:44  Show profile  Send a private message
got hold of a Dreamscape cd in 95-96. prob'ly called 'radio dreamscape' cannot remember and slipmatts set with sense of summers 'techno round the world' got me hooked.

LIVE THE DREAM!

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  01:26:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
i was always into techno, i went to a mates house down in sydney and he played a few cd's, he was saying, this is the shit they play at raves down here.. i was in love.. now up here i have a crew of friends who love it now cos i showed them, when ever i get the house to myself, the hardcore is bangin all night!!

"what goes up must come down..so keep popin!

WEBA D

ronin

United Kingdom
79 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  02:16:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ronin's homepage
after being into hardcore almost from the start, about three or four years ago I foolishly decided to sell my beloved decks to buy a car I needed for work and lost touch with the whole hardcore scene

i got back into hardcore earlier this year, i looked on the net to find out what was happening and found a sh#t load of amazin tunage........ forked out for some new decks and here i am!

since i've still to convert my mates, i have a lot to thank sites like this for
keep up the good work silver its well appreciated mate

"get down off the f#©king speakers right now, down off the speakers"

XxXbUnnYgAlXxX

United Kingdom
102 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  12:39:17  Show profile  Send a private message
I was always into like poppy dance shit hehe then I met a group of people who listened to only HH I loved it straight away, the cd that they played the most was slammin vinyl this was about 2 and a half years ago and i've loved it so much ever since. I just got ahold of that very album about 2 days ago and i cried so much when i listened to it!-happy crying not sad crying-coz it brought back so many memories. it really is my favirote music in the whole world and i cant imagine life without it. I've introduced anyone i can to it and i'll never stop loving it.
HARDCORE TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxX

yOu'rE nOt aLoNE...

Oh, Oh, i am sincerely yours the one my heart beats for the one i adore... oh oh i am sincerely yours the love that you give ive never felt befoooooooore!!! Choooooooon!!!!!

evans

United Kingdom
102 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  15:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message
hey its funny i got in to hardcore cuz i needed money

friend saw a tape pack hardcore heaven a mid summer nights dream
for £8.50
so i bought it to sell on as a profit but i put the vinylgroover tape and sl2 on a ragga tip mix and i aint looked back

this babys got a temper
you'll never tame her!!

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  20:20:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
i grew up listening to heavy metal and grunge, but then one day, cant exactly remember when, i heard mates listening to hardcore, enjoyed it, then went to a party and the rest is history ... never turning back !!

Crack another one !!!

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/04 :  06:40:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
hey toxic isn't it funny that the guys who you heard playing hardcore that first time wouldn't piss on a HHC record now if it were on fire?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.6 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page